Front End Engineering Lead
Portland, OR, USA
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2022
Aclima is seeking a Front End Engineering Lead to be a strong, senior IC, and help bring strategy, mentorship, and coordination to our front end engineering efforts. In this role you will help build world-changing applications for reducing emissions, and climate actions. You'll also define and improve the processes and outputs involved in Front End Engineering at Aclima in a transparent and empathetic manner.
This role has three components: as a manager of our front end engineers, as a technical lead responsible for the direction of front end engineering, and as a senior independent contributor using your skills to craft best in class solutions for our flagship user interfaces.
Collaborating with a cross functional team and working directly with product managers to define resourcing and creative opportunities for leveraging front end capabilities, you’ll use your experience to help solve the largest problems Aclima has identified in reducing emissions, protecting public health and advancing equity. The current team is based in the SF Bay Area and Portland. Aclima is open to remote candidates in the US who reside in the Pacific time zone.
Aclima is pioneering an entirely new way to diagnose the health of our air and track climate-changing pollution. Powered by our network of roving and stationary sensors, Aclima measures air pollution and greenhouse gases at unprecedented scales and with block-by-block resolution. Our professional analytics software, Aclima Pro, translates billions of scientific measurements into environmental intelligence for governments, companies, and communities. Our free app, air.health, maps address-level air and climate insights for the communities we serve. Aclima is a purpose-driven technology company catalyzing bold climate action that protects public health, reduces emissions, and delivers clean air for all.
Aclima is one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World and #1 in Data Science, Inc Magazine’s Best in Business, a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a WEF Technology Pioneer, and one of the top 100 companies in GovTech for 2022. Aclima is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland and Brooklyn. To learn more visit https://aclima.io.
As People Manager
- Manage direct reports on frontend engineering team
- Make decisions on resourcing teams and delegating work to provide the most impact
- Manage hiring for direct report roles, from postings through onboarding
As Frontend Engineering Lead
- Lead on Frontend direction and architecture initiatives
- Broadcast opportunities enabled by tech direction for product/design exploration
- Represent Frontend Engineering technical perspective in cross functional meetings
- Internal tools interfaces advisor and collaborator
- Consult as needed across the various product teams
As Senior Frontend Engineer
- Individually contribute to Aclima’s flagship products and user interfaces
- Provide high level estimation and feasibility in early stage design/product conversations
- Ensure existing interfaces are stable and will scale to future needs
- Manage defect intake and triage process to ensure the most performant user experiences
- 2+ years professional experience managing ICs, leading, and recruiting technical teams
- Strong communicator, with the ability to communicate in written and spoken situations
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, with a focus on empathy and trust-building
- Passionate about code quality and knows how to enforce it
- Ability to constantly empathize with the user
- Constant desire to learn
The base salary range for this full-time exempt position if located in the SF Bay Area, New York City, Los Angeles, Boston, Washington DC, Chicago, or Seattle metro region is $153,000 - $194,000 + equity + benefits. For all other regions, the range is $122,000 - $165,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location, and are informed by current market data provided by Carta Total Comp.
Within those ranges, individual pay is determined by exact region and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. The Hiring Manager can share more about the specific salary range for your geographic region during the hiring process. Employee must continue to reside within 90 miles of location used to determine starting salary, otherwise Aclima reserves the right to make regional adjustments to pay.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aclima is committed to diversity in our organization and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and has proudly made the Kapor Capital Founders' Commitment. Aclima provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aclima complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities. Full-time position only. Out of area candidates will be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
Aside from the fulfillment of working alongside world-class colleagues to make a positive impact in people’s lives, while improving planetary and public health, Aclima offers competitive compensation, equity potential, and excellent benefits. Benefits include medical/dental/vision/Life/AD&D/LTD, 401K, commuter and wellness credits, company events, and an extraordinary culture.
See more open positions at Aclima
Something looks off?