Triangle, NC, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2023
Welcome to Agerpoint
Agerpoint provides digital ground truth to sustain our food system and protect our natural environments.
Using artificial intelligence, high performance computing, computer vision and advanced analytics, the Agerpoint platform fuses together sensor data from the ground or air with other datasets and human observations to create digital twins that enable better decision-making for clients across agriculture, forestry and conservation.
The Agerpoint Capture mobile application allows users to capture 3D models of crops and trees via a smartphone or tablet, upload models to the cloud to assess health, yield, species and carbon sequestration potential, and more Customers can then derive insights from these models with Agerpoint Cloud, a spatial data platform that leverages machine learning for detailed plant-level insights.
Agerpoint was selected as a 2022 Technology Pioneer company by the World Economic Forum, recognized as one of the world’s most promising start-ups that are at the forefront of technological and business model innovation. Agerpoint’s Know Your Carbon™ offering was selected as winner of the Carbon Market Challenge as announced at the United Nations COP26 Climate Summit.
The company is headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina at the Alexandria Center for AgTech - the country's first and only integrated multi-tenant, collaborative and amenity-rich R&D and greenhouse site.
About this Role
You believe in our mission to improve quality of life for our planet’s inhabitants and mitigate climate change by enabling a transformational shift in how we measure and monitor plants, crops and forests. In this role, you will be a key member of the product development team responsible for building the Agerpoint Cloud SaaS platform.
- Iteratively design, develop, test, and deploy software powering the Agerpoint Cloud SaaS platform
- Collaborate with frontend developers, mobile developers, product management, and data scientists to build solutions that delight customers in the agriculture, forestry and nature markets
- Ensure the scalability, reliability, and security of our APIs and infrastructure
- Optimize our APIs and infrastructure for performance and efficiency
- Write and maintain code documentation and technical specifications
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other team members
- Continuously learn and stay up-to-date with the latest software development technologies and best practices
- Maintain and support production software and infrastructureParticipate in the development of technical architecture and product roadmap
- At least 3 years of experience as a software developer working on a SaaS product in a cloud environment
- Proficiency in a backend programming language (C# and .NET Core preferred)
- Knowledge of modern web architecture styles and APIs
- Proficiency with SQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL databases and spatial data
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Linux
- Experience with data and ML pipeline technologies (Airflow, Spark, etc.)
- Experience with automated testing, CI/CD pipelines, and automated deployments
- Experience with version control systems such as git (GitHub, GitLab, etc.)
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and SDLCBasic understanding of GIS systems
Paid company holidays and vacation
Remote friendly and flexible work environment
Company paid healthcare benefits
Equity options for full-time employees
Access to fully equipped, EXOS-operated fitness center with on-site wellness coaches and on-site eatery (for employees in Research Triangle Park, NC)
Note to Recruiters:
Agerpoint does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Agreement, Agerpoint will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed Agreement, Agerpoint explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Agerpoint.