Alloy Enterprises is transforming how aluminum parts are made. Aluminum will be part of the electrification journey of everything that moves, and flexible, on-demand, and cost-competitive fabrication will be essential to this transition. Automotive, aerospace, and industrial equipment need to be lighter, and fabrication methods need to keep pace with the speed of innovative new designs. Our novel, scalable, full-stack additive manufacturing process disrupts the multi-year lead time, process limitations, and high up-front cost of aluminum casting.
“Alloy Enterprises is fundamentally transforming aluminum manufacturing for transportation, much like Carnegie Steel did for the railroad 100 years ago. Now is the time for us to bring scalable additive aluminum manufacturing to mass production and accelerate our society’s ability to electrify everything that moves.” - Alison Forsyth, CEO
Founded in early 2020, the company has raised $38M and is generating revenue with our pilot manufacturing facility. For the first time, on-demand fabrication meets the cost and scale of casting in an exploding $102B market – largely driven by electrification. We are now building out our team and production fab facilities to meet customer demand. If you are a sleeve-rolling builder who sets their bar high and enjoys thinking out loud in a collaborative and inclusive working environment, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
Alloy is looking for an HR Generalist that will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of human resource activities, including HRIS management, benefit administration, on/off-boarding, training, and all associated administrative functions. They will also help Alloy in staying current with state and federal laws to comply with HR requirements, coordinating with Finance for payroll administration and also with Talent Acquisition for incoming employees.
What you’ll do
- Own HRIS and relevant systems (Ease, Gusto, eTimecards)
- Own all on/off boarding activities
- Define and create Standard Work documents for all HR practices and activities
- Develop Employee Handbook
- Maintain up-to-date job descriptions
- Coordinate with Finance to administer payroll
- Contribute to continuous improvement for all HR activities and processes as Alloy scales
- Become a trusted partner and advocate for employees
- Oversee the employee review process
What you’ll bring
- Min 2 years experience + BS in HR or related field OR 7 years of direct experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment consisting of both exempt and non-exempt employees is highly preferred
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations
- Experience with HR IT systems for payroll and benefits administration
- Strong written and verbal communication
- High EQ
- Ability to handle confidential matters using discretion and good judgment
- Attention to detail/organization
- Flexible paid time off, nine company holidays, and a shutdown around the holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision, including dependency coverage
- 401k with 3% employer contribution, options for pre or post-tax
- Stock options
- All employees are eligible for paid parental leave regardless of gender identity or expression
- Career advancement opportunities in a high-growth environment
- Good coffee, regular happy hours, and weekly team lunches
This position will require access to information subject to control under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive controlled items without sponsorship for an export license.
Equal employment opportunity
We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all our employees and seek to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our products. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.