Alloy Enterprises is transforming how aluminum parts are made. Aluminum will be part of the electrification journey of everything that moves, and flexible, on-demand, and cost-competitive fabrication will be essential to this transition. Automotive, aerospace, and industrial equipment need to be lighter, and fabrication methods need to keep pace with the speed of innovative new designs. Our novel, scalable, full-stack additive manufacturing process disrupts the multi-year lead time, process limitations, and high up-front cost of aluminum casting.
“Alloy Enterprises is fundamentally transforming aluminum manufacturing for transportation, much like Carnegie Steel did for the railroad 100 years ago. Now is the time for us to bring scalable additive aluminum manufacturing to mass production and accelerate our society’s ability to electrify everything that moves.” - Alison Forsyth, CEO
Founded in early 2020, the company has raised $38M and is generating revenue with our pilot manufacturing facility. For the first time, on-demand fabrication meets the cost and scale of casting in an exploding $102B market – largely driven by electrification. We are now building out our team and production fab facilities to meet customer demand. If you are a sleeve-rolling builder who sets their bar high and enjoys thinking out loud in a collaborative and inclusive working environment, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
As an Account Executive, you will be an expert on our services, responsible for building pipeline and closing opportunities in support of our revenue plan. You will own the full cycle from qualifications and discovery to negotiation and successful close. This includes acquiring business from net new customers, expanding business at current customers through additional design wins, and increasing volumes of existing components to become a primary or sole source provider.
Location: This opportunity can be remote in the Midwest (Ohio to Minnesota) or anywhere along the Eastern seaboard as part of our effort to be closer to customers for travel.
What you will do:
- Qualify prospective customers to identify pain points and economic impact of our solution
- Develop relationships with prospects through cold outreach, attendance at trade shows, conferences, and other events, and responding to inbound leads.
- Coordinate design reviews with applications engineering, and develop an effective business case for the prospect to move forward with production orders
- Stay up-to-date on market trends, competition, and industry developments in the additive and traditional manufacturing space.
- Use customer relationship management (CRM) software to manage leads and sales activities
- Provide regular reports on sales activities and results to management.
- Travel expected to be anywhere from 20-50% of the time
- 5+ years of proven B2B sales experience, preferably in the industrial, manufacturing, or technology space selling to engineering or technical buyers as well as procurement; it would be a major plus if you have sold custom component manufacturing services.
- Exposure to and use of a structured sales methodology (Challenger, SPIN, Gap Selling, NEAT, etc.)
- Understanding of the product development process is a plus
- Understanding of the supply chain for manufactured products, as well as the benefits and challenges of onshoring production to domestic manufacturers
- Highly skilled at qualification and discovery, understanding decision-making criteria, and navigating within an organizational structure to understand stakeholders and develop champions
- Experience using Google Suite and HubSpot is strongly preferred
- Flexibility to adjust to the dynamic nature of a startup
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or equivalent experience
- Flexible paid time off, nine company holidays, and a shutdown around the holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision, including dependency coverage
- 401k with 3% employer contribution, options for pre or post-tax
- Stock options
- All employees are eligible for paid parental leave regardless of gender identity or expression
- Career advancement opportunities in a high-growth environment
- Good coffee, regular happy hours, and weekly team lunches
This position will require access to information subject to control under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive controlled items without sponsorship for an export license.
Equal employment opportunity
We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all our employees and seek to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our products. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.