Alloy Enterprises is transforming how aluminum parts are made. Aluminum will be part of the electrification journey of everything that moves, and flexible, on-demand, and cost-competitive fabrication will be essential to this transition. Automotive, aerospace, and industrial equipment need to be lighter, and fabrication methods need to keep pace with the speed of innovative new designs. Our novel, scalable, full-stack additive manufacturing process disrupts the multi-year lead time, process limitations, and high up-front cost of aluminum casting.
“Alloy Enterprises is fundamentally transforming aluminum manufacturing for transportation, much like Carnegie Steel did for the railroad 100 years ago. Now is the time for us to bring scalable additive aluminum manufacturing to mass production and accelerate our society’s ability to electrify everything that moves.” - Alison Forsyth, CEO
Founded in early 2020, the company has raised $38M and is generating revenue with our pilot manufacturing facility. For the first time, on-demand fabrication meets the cost and scale of casting in an exploding $102B market – largely driven by electrification. We are now building out our team and production fab facilities to meet customer demand. If you are a sleeve-rolling builder who sets their bar high and enjoys thinking out loud in a collaborative and inclusive working environment, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
The Junior Accountant will be focusing on the transactional work that is done by the accounting team. This includes, but is not limited to, accounts payable, expense reimbursements, accounts receivable, credit applications, and processing orders through purchase request system. Along with the transactional work, the Junior Accountant will get involved in some month-end work (reconciliations, accruals, etc).
What you’ll do
Review invoices for appropriate documentation prior to payment
- Perform invoice and general-ledger data entry
- Execute credit card and bank account reconciliation
- Generate purchase orders
- Create invoices to be sent to customers
- Additional tasks or duties related to role
What you’ll bring
- B.S. in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 1+ years in a similar role
- Experience in both startup and corporate environments
- Familiarity with QuickBooks Online or other accounting software
- A self-starter who can handle tasks with minimal supervision
- Adaptable and excels when working in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Good communications skills -- both written and verbal
- Flexible paid time off, nine company holidays, and a shutdown around the holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision, including dependency coverage
- 401k with 3% employer contribution, options for pre or post-tax
- Stock options
- All employees are eligible for paid parental leave regardless of gender identity or expression
- Career advancement opportunities in a high-growth environment
- Good coffee, regular happy hours, and weekly team lunches
This position will require access to information subject to control under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive controlled items without sponsorship for an export license.
Equal employment opportunity
We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all our employees and seek to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our products. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.