Alloy Enterprises is transforming how aluminum parts are made. Aluminum will be part of the electrification journey of everything that moves, and flexible, on-demand, and cost-competitive fabrication will be essential to this transition. Automotive, aerospace, and industrial equipment need to be lighter, and fabrication methods need to keep pace with the speed of innovative new designs. Our novel, scalable, full-stack additive manufacturing process disrupts the multi-year lead time, process limitations, and high up-front cost of aluminum casting.
“Alloy Enterprises is fundamentally transforming aluminum manufacturing for transportation, much like Carnegie Steel did for the railroad 100 years ago. Now is the time for us to bring scalable additive aluminum manufacturing to mass production and accelerate our society’s ability to electrify everything that moves.” - Alison Forsyth, CEO
Founded in early 2020, the company has raised $38M and is generating revenue with our pilot manufacturing facility. For the first time, on-demand fabrication meets the cost and scale of casting in an exploding $102B market – largely driven by electrification. We are now building out our team and production fab facilities to meet customer demand. If you are a sleeve-rolling builder who sets their bar high and enjoys thinking out loud in a collaborative and inclusive working environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Alloy is looking for a hard-working and detail-oriented Production Engineer to ensure the execution of customer orders. This is an opportunity to interface with the Engineering, Manufacturing, and Applications Teams to deliver quality parts to customers. Strong communication, flexibility, and attention to detail will be important skills for any successful applicant. You will be joining a cross-functional team who all jump in to get the job done, and love to build.
- Work alongside technicians and operators to fabricate components using Alloy’s novel additive manufacturing process
- Run and tune proprietary software programs to optimize production processes
- Complete initial prototype builds, analyze results, and refine component designs
- Work closely with Applications, Engineering, Software, and Manufacturing teams to run production builds
- Develop and perform quality assessments according to customer specifications
- Provide feedback to identify problems and improve production throughput, cost, product quality, and process safety
- Develop and maintain process documentation, including test procedures, routers, travelers, process flows, work instructions, and PFMEAs
- Program CAM and operate CNC lathe and milling machines
- Inform facility layout to ensure efficient and productive manufacturing flow
- You take ownership of your projects - complete tasks efficiently and effectively
- Experience with Lean and Six Sigma tools
- Experience reading drawings and interpreting GD&T
- Track record of developing and maintaining process documentation
- Familiar with additive manufacturing, 3D printing, robotics, metal fabrication, or industrial automation
- You are hands-on and you enjoy the gritty details of developing manufacturing processes and procedures
- Experience with 3D software tools (CAD, CAM, inspection)
- 3+ years of industry experience in a manufacturing setting
- BS in an engineering or relevant field experience
- Flexible paid time off and nine company holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision, including dependency coverage
- 401k with 3% employer contribution, options for pre or post-tax
- Stock options
- All employees are eligible for paid parental leave regardless of gender identity or expression
- Career advancement opportunities in a high-growth environment
- Good coffee, regular happy hours, and weekly team lunches
This position will require access to information subject to control under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive controlled items without sponsorship for an export license.
Equal employment opportunity
We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all our employees and seek to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our products. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.