Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Alloy Enterprises is transforming how aluminum parts are made. Aluminum will be part of the electrification journey of everything that moves, and flexible, on-demand, and cost-competitive fabrication will be essential to this transition. Automotive, aerospace, and industrial equipment need to be lighter, and fabrication methods need to keep pace with the speed of innovative new designs. Our novel, scalable, full-stack additive manufacturing process disrupts the multi-year lead time, process limitations, and high up-front cost of aluminum casting.
“Alloy Enterprises is fundamentally transforming aluminum manufacturing for transportation, much like Carnegie Steel did for the railroad 100 years ago. Now is the time for us to bring scalable additive aluminum manufacturing to mass production and accelerate our society’s ability to electrify everything that moves.” - Alison Forsyth, CEO
Founded in early 2020, the company has raised $38M and is generating revenue with our pilot manufacturing facility. For the first time, on-demand fabrication meets the cost and scale of casting in an exploding $102B market – largely driven by electrification. We are now building out our team and production fab facilities to meet customer demand. If you are a sleeve-rolling builder who sets their bar high and enjoys thinking out loud in a collaborative and inclusive working environment, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
Alloy’s manufacturing engineering team is looking to add another hard-working and versatile Technician who is mechanically inclined to help build and test Alloy’s novel manufacturing machines. We are now building out our team and production fab facilities to meet customer demand. If you are a sleeve-rolling builder who sets their bar high and enjoys thinking out loud in a collaborative and inclusive working environment, we’d love to hear from you.
What You’ll Do:
- Assemble machines including automated laser cutters, web handling machines, and diffusion bonding hydraulic presses
- Help coordinate assembly tasks and manage inventory
- Debug issues with machines and support engineering in making improvements for performance and ease of assembly.
- Assist in building electrical control cabinets and wiring machines
- Set up, adjust, and operate assembly fixtures
- Maintain & update documentation of assembly processes and procedures as necessary
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on manufacturing and facilities equipment.
- Perform basic machining operations for prototyping or part modification as necessary
- Record data using internal tracking tools
- Provide feedback to aid in continuous improvement efforts
- Work collaboratively with engineering and production teams
- 4+ years of work experience, at a manufacturing or technology company
- Experience assembling and debugging electromechanical systems
- History of completing tasks efficiently, effectively, and with good attention to detail
- Comfortable working with your hands, working with tools, and running equipment
- Ready to build, test, and tweak - mechanically inclined
- Experience following procedures and documenting data
- Basic CNC machining experience is desired
- Experience and knowledge of any of the following is a plus: CAD, metrology, inspection, spreadsheet software
- Experience with vacuum, laser, hydraulic, machine tools, or robotics is a plus
- Able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- Basic software skills are desired
- Flexible paid time off and nine company holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision, including dependency coverage
- 401k with 3% employer contribution, options for pre or post-tax
- Stock options
- All employees are eligible for paid parental leave regardless of gender identity or expression
- Career advancement opportunities in a high-growth environment
- Good coffee, regular happy hours, and weekly team lunches
This position will require access to information subject to control under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive controlled items without sponsorship for an export license.
Equal employment opportunity
We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all our employees and seek to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our products. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.