Supplier Quality Engineer
Required Experience & Skills:
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) in the Supply Chain Team shall be responsible for the Supplier (Vendors and CM) Quality on BOM/BOS and for Mechanical Materials for Amber Kinetics. The SQE works to lead and assist the technical pre-qualification, assessment and provide recommendations on supplier development initiatives. He/she shall work with the Supplier Quality Engineer Lead and Sourcing Manager.
The responsibility shall also include working closely with the manufacturing and Engineering team with the objective of continuously improving performance (increase lifecycle, reduce scrap, improve repair processes) by implementing process controls and develop quality assurance plans according to Amber Kinetics Supplier Quality Management procedures.
- BS Mechanical, Metallurgical or any equivalent.
- With at least 2 to 3 years of experience in mechanical and metal manufacturing or quality control.
- Know how to manage the BOS Supplier Quality Scorecard metrics such as Non Conformance Tracking (MRB), Supplier Quality Action Notice (SQAN) incidence and response rates, Containment Plan and follow up.
- Know how to develop a standard FAI technical assessment together with Designer Engineering and Sustaining Engineering.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write technical reports and presentations.
- Advanced knowledge of quality related tools including, but not limited to, SPC, APQP, 8D, 5S, Lean Six Sigma (certification is preferred).
- Ability to function and manage time and priorities autonomously while reporting in to Supplier Quality Engr Lead for feedback and direction.