Provide technical support related to SCADA/Control systems for applications and customer needs. Resolve system integration issues promptly, facilitating corrective actions to enhance user satisfaction. Collaborate with engineering and sales engineering teams to improve SCADA system functionality and reliability.
Contribute to developing test strategies for SCADA applications, balancing testing thoroughness and system performance. Offer support to Application Engineering, Software Engineering, and Validation teams, deepening their understanding of system issues and customer requirements.
Interact directly with customers to diagnose and troubleshoot system problems, delivering effective solutions. Knowledge of SCADA components and programming, is essential. Excellent communication skills and a service-oriented mindset are desired.
- Debugging of basic communications connectivity and protocols.
- Generate and execute test requests from UC or to other support groups to investigate possible root causes of control behavior issues.
- Generate product improvement suggestions so as to contribute to the SCADA system functionality.
- Write programs to improve applications testing.
- Provide documentation of evaluations/conclusions arising from test requests and NCRs handled.
- Support other cross-functional groups in understanding SCADA control requirements and behavior.
- Support Engineering/Validation/Field Services in providing scripts that could help debug a problem in production.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Python, Matlab (Octave), or other languages suitable for prototyping
- Knowledgeable on computer softwares such as Microsoft Office (xls, ppt or word).
- Networking Certificate, an advantage.
- Desirable handle Python, C+ and other special language for microcontrollers.
- Experience with Modbus, CANBus, Profinet, RS232, or other common SCADA Protocols.
- Has organized thought process to think through procedures and requirements for software configuration and setup.
- Experience with TCP/IP, Basic Electronics background and familiarity with embedded systems