Senior Hardware Test Engineer
Amogy is a well funded technology startup on a mission to decarbonize transportation by developing a unique and revolutionary power system that runs on ammonia as a renewable fuel. By joining our team, you will be creating the first page of the ammonia-driven green economy. Be part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry for a sustainable future!
What You Will Be Doing:
We are looking for a Senior Hardware Testing Engineer to take a leading role in testing our ammonia-to-electricity powerpack product. In this role, you will lead a team of engineers and technicians testing the reliability and performance of novel chemical reactors and fuel cells. Please note that this role may require up to 50% travel to New York or Norway through 1Q24.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to product test engineers and technicians conducting product validation and verification testing.
- Ensure proper workplace safety during product testing and pilot plant operations.
- Design and document detailed test plans, test cases, and test procedures to ensure comprehensive coverage of product functionality, performance, and reliability.
- Solve complex technical problems, including conducting failure analysis, revising test procedures, and interfacing with design engineers to propose design changes or recommend countermeasures to ensure performance meets design specifications.
- Execute test cases and analyze test results to identify product defects, performance bottlenecks, and areas for improvement.
- Ensure accurate documentation and reporting of test findings.
- Evaluate and procure appropriate test equipment and tools required for testing activities.
- Maintain and calibrate test equipment as needed.
- Identify opportunities to enhance testing methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Propose and implement improvements to drive efficiency, productivity, and overall product quality.
- Share best practices and industry knowledge to foster a culture of continuous learning and professional growth within the team.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- BS in chemical or mechanical engineering and a minimum of 8 years of experience in chemical pilot plant operations, preferably in a senior or lead role.
- Proficient in test methodologies (I.e., HAZOP, instrument calibration, failure analysis) test planning, and test execution.
- Proficient in commissioning and installing new test equipment with knowledge of fundamental engineering concepts and terminology.
- Prior experience working with fixed-bed reforming reactors and fuel cells.Ability to analyze complex technical problems, troubleshoot issues, and provide innovative solutions.
- Experience utilizing MATLAB and CANape is a plus.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including mentorship, team collaboration, and the ability to lead projects independently.
The salary pay range for this position is $134,274 to $157,388. The salary pay range is applicable to positions physically based in Houston, TX. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, job experience and physical location.
If this sounds like a role that will excite you, and you see yourself in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you are learning and collaborating cross-functionally, we want to talk to you!
At Amogy, our priority is to ensure that every team member feels valued and supported. We believe putting wellness first supports a full, holistic, and happier life. We support that by offering benefits that cover you and your family such as: medical, dental, vision insurances, unlimited PTO, and 401k with a company match, and more.
At Amogy, we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. Amogy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements in the country where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Amogy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. If you receive an offer of employment from Amogy, you will need to go through the E-Verify process of digital verification of your employment authorization documents as provided on the Form I-9. Participation in E-Verify does not limit your right to work and verification will only be completed after you become an employee with Amogy.