Director, Project Management (Brooklyn, NY or Houston, TX)
Amogy is a well-funded technology startup on a mission to decarbonize transportation by developing a unique and revolutionary power system that runs on ammonia as a renewable fuel. By joining our team, you will be creating the first page of the ammonia-driven green economy. Be part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry for a sustainable future!
What You'll Be Doing:
We are seeking a Director of Project Management to join our Project Management team. Working closely with the Business Development, R&D, and Product Development teams, the Director of Project Management will be responsible for leading the prototype deployment into a demonstration vessel and developing customer-facing technical project management structures across a range of future commercial deployments. This role will sit at the intersection of product development and market entry and will provide continuous improvement to ensure excellence in project execution and the appropriate product/market fit. The candidate will own the implementation and execution experience with maritime and power generation customers and will act as a SME for customer implementation projects.
- Lead and deliver projects on time and within the budget, from proposal development to design, execution, construction, integration, and commissioning.
- Translate complex new technology development into project proposals for deployment of our technology in customer-specific applications.
- Collaborate closely with leadership team to execute engineering projects, based on prioritization of resources and business targets.
- Design and execute best practices for project management, such as document control, management of change, ERP linkage.
- Provide guidance to customers on how Amogy's product meets their technical requirements and delivery timelines.
- Own the full lifecycle of custom solution projects, from defining the proposal to the implementation and commissioning of our system for the customers' end use applications.
- Ensure strong collaboration & communication with both internal and external parties.
- Key point of contact for client relationships, vessel owners, vendors to create partnerships and strong business relationships.
- Lead detailed project execution, including tracking and documentation and communicating regular updates to internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify creative ways to overcome obstacles and meet the integral milestones.
- Serve as a mentor to project managers across the company in developing a career path at the intersection of technology & business.
Minimum qualifications we seek:
- BS/MS in a technical field such as engineering or naval architecture - chemical, electrical, or marine engineering preferred
- 15+ years' experience in project management, budgeting, project schedule development and execution, and risk assessment. Maritime technology experience with electrical background strongly preferred, with demonstrated experience in executing maritime construction/engineering projects (i.e. vessel repowers, new construction layouts, etc.).
- Prior experience defining project management documentation systems to meet customer requirements and create a stellar customer experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of a customer-facing project lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects for clients or customers, with strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to solve complex problems across multiple disciplines such as process engineering, electrical engineering, powertrain systems, and customer applications.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment.
- Strong knowledge of project management software system.
- Understand chemical, mechanical, process, construction, and electrical engineering.
If this sounds like a role that will excite you, and you see yourself in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you are learning and collaborating cross-functionally, we want to talk to you!
The salary pay range for this position is $160,000 to $195,000. The salary pay range is applicable to positions physically based in New York City. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, job experience and physical location.
At Amogy, our priority is to ensure that every team member feels valued and supported. We believe putting wellness first supports a full, holistic, and happier life. We support that by offering benefits that cover you and your family such as: medical, dental, vision insurances, unlimited PTO, and 401k with a company match, paid parental leave and more.
At Amogy, we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. Amogy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements in the country where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amogy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. If you receive an offer of employment from Amogy, you will need to go through the E-Verify process of digital verification of your employment authorization documents as provided on the Form I-9. Participation in E-Verify does not limit your right to work and verification will only be completed after you become an employee with Amogy.