Senior Systems Modeling Engineer
Houston, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Amogy is a well funded technology startup on a mission to decarbonize transportation using ammonia as a renewable fuel. By joining our team, you will be creating the first page of the ammonia-driven green economy. Be part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry for a sustainable future! What You’ll Be Doing:We are looking for an experienced Senior Systems Modeling Engineer to own, develop and maintain 0D/1D plant models and integrate them for system simulation of our proprietary fuel reforming system. As an experienced plant and systems modeling engineer, you will bring expertise in simulations of catalyst-based reactor systems, chemical process modeling, fuel cell system, combustion and propulsion systems.
- Own, develop and maintain plant and system models for Amogy’s Powerpack system
- Develop 0D/1D models for the Ammonia reactor system, heat exchangers, fuel cell and power management system
- Engage with external suppliers to incorporate component level models in the system model, such as models for heat exchanger, fuel cells modules, valves etc
- Collaborate with cross functional groups such as HIL/SIL systems team, controls team and design team in developing tools for system verification
- Perform system level analysis, trade-offs, component design and sizing recommendations to drive product design decisions
- Provide leadership in developing and modifying systems models for project specific use cases
- Operate in agile framework and keep internal and external stakeholders/partners well informed of systems development
- MS with 8+ or Ph.D. with 5+ years of hands-on experience in plant and systems model development and simulations
- MS/PhD in Chemical, Mechanical or related engineering fields
- Ability to thrive in an agile start-up environment
- Hands-on experience in dynamics plant modeling using simulation tools such as GT suite, Modelica, ASPEN, MATLAB-SIMULINK or any other tool
- Strong understanding of 1D modeling of combustion and reactor systems, fuel cells operation and battery electrification of vehicles.
- Demonstrated experience in running 1D tools (i.e. Modelica, GT, ASPEN) and MATLAB-SIMULINK in co-simulation environment.
- Broad understanding of the processes involved with design integration, FEA & CFD simulations, Hardware-in-Loop, process simulation and controls.