Senior Instrument & Electrical Reliability Engineer
Amogy is a well-funded technology startup on a mission to decarbonize transportation by developing a unique and revolutionary power system that runs on ammonia as a renewable fuel. By joining our team, you will be creating the first page of the ammonia-driven green economy. Be part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry for a sustainable future!
What You Will Be Doing:
We are looking for a Senior Instrument & Electrical Reliability Engineer to join our Product Reliability, Safety, & Certification group and develop short-term and long-term I&E reliability strategies for complex electro-mechanical and chemical systems. In this position, you will apply your knowledge to develop reliability programs, provide technical guidance, and design support for systems involving chemical reactors, combustion devices, and fuel cells.
- Lead in the development, implementation, review and sustainability of engineering standards, specifications and technical guidelines for Amogy's reliability program
- Define and implement a process for developmental risk analysis, and communication of risk insights to support optimization of systems and component design for safety and reliability
- Determine preventative maintenance requirements to deliver a robust product lifecycle
- Develop and maintain reliability prediction models using generally accepted methodology and failure rate sources
- Perform safety integrity level (SIL) calculations to ensure safety instrumented function (SIF) designs meet risk reduction factor (RRF) targets
- Perform fault tree analysis and common mode failure analysis or other methods as required for reliability and/or safety
- Coordinate component failure analysis for root cause and drive corrective actions
- Participate in failure mode, effects and criticality analysis (FMECA) to support the design process
- Provide project support and guidance for design and equipment specification
- Analyze and review engineering deliverables and documentation to ensure consistency with reliability targets
- Establish critical equipment spares strategy for product
- Work with customers and product lifecycle services group to solve and address reliability concerns and collect proven in use failure data
The minimum requirements we seek:
- BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field with a background in reliability engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of reliability principles and their application
- Prior experience performing failure analysis using appropriate methodologies
- Ability to create and maintain predictive probabilistic reliability models
- Experience with industry codes and standards for the maritime industry, functional safety, chemical processes, burner management systems, and power generation and distribution (NFPA, API, NEC, IEC, ISA, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile work environment
- Strong record-keeping and organizational skills
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience as an I&E reliability engineer
- Experience with fuel & energy conversion devices (engines, fuel cells, reactors, turbines, etc.)
- Functional safety certification such as TÜV FS Engineer/Expert or Exida Certified Functional Safety Professional/Expert (CFSP/CSFE)
If this sounds like a role that will excite you, and you see yourself in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you are learning and collaborating cross-functionally, we want to talk to you!
At Amogy, our priority is to ensure that every team member feels valued and supported. We believe putting wellness first supports a full, holistic, and happier life. We support that by offering benefits that cover you and your family such as: medical, dental, vision insurances, unlimited PTO, and 401k with a company match, and more.
At Amogy, we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. Amogy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements in the country where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Amogy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. If you receive an offer of employment from Amogy, you will need to go through the E-Verify process of digital verification of your employment authorization documents as provided on the Form I-9. Participation in E-Verify does not limit your right to work and verification will only be completed after you become an employee with Amogy.