Reactor Test Engineer
Amogy is a well-funded technology startup on a mission to decarbonize transportation by developing a unique and revolutionary power system that runs on ammonia as a renewable fuel. By joining our team, you will be creating the first page of the ammonia-driven green economy. Be part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry for a sustainable future!
We are looking for a Reactor Test Engineer to take a leading role in testing our ammonia-to-electricity powerpack product. In this role, you will be responsible in testing the reliability and performance of novel catalytic fixed-bed reactors and fuel cells. Please note that this role may require up to 50% travel to New York or Norway through 1Q24.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Conduct product validation and verification testing.
- Ensure proper workplace safety during product testing and pilot plant operations.
- Solve technical problems, including revising test procedures and interfacing with design engineers to propose design changes to ensure performance meets design specifications.
- Execute test cases and analyze test results to identify product defects, performance bottlenecks, and areas for improvement.
- Ensure accurate documentation and reporting of test findings.
- Evaluate and procure appropriate test equipment and tools required for testing activities.
- Maintain and calibrate test equipment as needed.
- Implement improvements with minimum guidance to drive efficiency, productivity, and overall product quality
The minimum requirements we seek:
- BS in chemical or mechanical engineering and a minimum of 3 years of experience in chemical pilot plant operations.
- Familiar in test methodologies (I.e., HAZOP, instrument calibration) and test execution.
- Familiar in commissioning and installing new test equipment with knowledge of fundamental engineering concepts and terminology.
- Prior experience working with catalytic fixed-bed reactors.
- Experience utilizing MATLAB and CANape is a plus.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
The salary pay range for this position is $110,000 to $130,000 The salary pay range is applicable to positions physically based in Houston, TX. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, job experience and physical location.
If this sounds like a role that will excite you, and you see yourself in a fast-paced, early stage, high-growth environment where you are learning and collaborating cross-functionally, we want to talk to you!
What We Offer:
- Competitive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
- FSA and HSA
- 401(k) with 5% company match
- Life insurance
- Unlimited (PTO)
- Ancillary Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Open, supportive culture of drive and execution
Amogy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amogy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. If you receive an offer of employment from Amogy, you will need to go through the E-Verify process of digital verification of your employment authorization documents as provided on the Form I-9. Participation in E-Verify does not limit your right to work and verification will only be completed after you become an employee with Amogy.