Engineering Test Manager
Amogy is a well funded technology startup on a mission to decarbonize transportation by developing a unique and revolutionary power system that runs on ammonia as a renewable fuel. By joining our team, you will be creating the first page of the ammonia-driven green economy. Be part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry for a sustainable future!
What You Will Be Doing:
We are looking for an Engineering Test Manager to lead our engineering test team to validate and verify the performance, durability, and reliability of Amogy's first product lines. A comprehensive understanding of both chemical processes and mechanical systems pertaining to chemical fixed-bed reactors and catalysts is essential for this role. Candidates should have a proven track-record of developing junior engineers and technicians into productive contributors and driving projects to completion on schedule. Please note that this role may require up to 50% travel to New York or Norway through 1Q24.
- Offer expert advice and mentorship to product test engineers and technicians involved in product validation and verification exercises.
- Develop and implement a strategic testing roadmap aligned with company objectives.
- Design and document detailed test plans, test cases, and test procedures to ensure comprehensive coverage of product functionality, performance, and reliability.
- Address challenging technical challenges, comprising failure assessments, modifications to test methods, and liaising with design engineers to suggest design modifications or advocate corrective measures to align performance with design criteria.
- Execute test cases and analyze test results to identify product defects, performance bottlenecks, and areas for improvement.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation of all test procedures, results, and relevant modifications.
- Evaluate and procure appropriate test equipment and tools required for testing activities.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and calibrate test equipment as needed.
- Identify opportunities to enhance testing methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Propose and implement improvements to drive efficiency, productivity, and overall product quality.
- Share best practices and industry knowledge to foster a culture of continuous learning and professional growth within the team.
- Ensure proper workplace safety during product testing and pilot plant operations.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- BS in chemical or mechanical engineering and 10-15 years of experience in chemical pilot plant operations, preferably in a senior or lead role.
- Demonstrated experience of testing, validation, and verification of catalytic fixed-bed reactors.
- Proficient in test methodologies (I.e., MOC, JSA, PSSR, HAZOP, instrument calibration, failure analysis) test planning, and test execution.
- Expertise in designing and reviewing Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams.
- Familiarity with process heat integration and combustion apparatuses.
- Proficient in commissioning and installing new test equipment.
- Ability to analyze complex technical problems, troubleshoot issues, and provide innovative solutions.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including mentorship, team collaboration, and the ability to lead projects independently.
- Experience utilizing MATLAB and CANape is a plus.
The salary pay range for this position is $150,000 to $175,000. The salary pay range is applicable to positions physically based in Houston, TX. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, job experience and physical location.
If this sounds like a role that will excite you, and you see yourself in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you are learning and collaborating cross-functionally, we want to talk to you!
What We Offer:
- Competitive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
- FSA and HSA
- 401(k) with 5% company match
- Life insurance
- Unlimited (PTO)
- Ancillary Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Open, supportive culture of drive and execution
Amogy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amogy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. If you receive an offer of employment from Amogy, you will need to go through the E-Verify process of digital verification of your employment authorization documents as provided on the Form I-9. Participation in E-Verify does not limit your right to work and verification will only be completed after you become an employee with Amogy.