Senior Technical Manager
Amogy is a technology startup on a mission to decarbonize transportation using ammonia as a renewable fuel. We have offices in the United States, Norway and Singapore. By joining our team, you will be creating the first page of the ammonia-driven green economy. Be part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry for a sustainable future.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Manager to join our Commercialization team. The role has a technical focus and will be a key resource for Amogy's future growth in the APAC region. You will also be customer facing, and you will play an important part in developing customer relations, and in advancing our technology and products.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Be a technical subject matter expert on Amogy's technology and product offering, especially towards the maritime industry
- Be the technical interface between Amogy internally and our Customers externally
- Participate in presentations, build strong customer relationships, and develop strategic partnerships with leading players in the maritime and energy sectors
- Work closely and collaborate with internal teams to respond to customer requests for technical, economic and performance information
- Be the primary technical liaison between Singapore and other Amogy offices
- Assist with the planning and execution of projects and sales in Singapore
- Manage technical aspects of RFQ / EOI responses
- Effectively communicate client needs and market requirements internally for future product enhancements
- Other responsibilities as assigned in building the technical team in Singapore
The minimum requirements we seek:
- BSc or Masters degree within related field, ideally marine engineering, naval architecture or mechanical engineering
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in technical or techno-commercial roles within relevant fields, i.e. maritime industry, energy systems, engines, gas turbines, or low-carbon fuels
- Experience within the maritime industry, and knowledge of classification society rules and regulations is preferred
- Technical background and established network within the maritime and/or power generation industries
- Experience with decarbonization, ammonia, hydrogen, and/or fuel cells is preferred, but not required
- Proven experience on interacting with customers in a business development and technical sales aspect
- Experience in preparing technical submissions for project bids
- Ability to handle several projects and accounts at the same time
- Experience with development of new technologies is preferred, but not required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment, sometimes outside conventional office hours to connect with global team
- Ability to travel, including travel to our US based offices shortly after commencement for onboarding and training
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit
If this sounds like a role that will excite you, and you see yourself in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you are learning and collaborating cross-functionally, we want to talk to you!
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited Vacation
- Health Insurance
- Open, supportive culture of drive and execution
Amogy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Amogy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. If you receive an offer of employment from Amogy, you will need to go through the E-Verify process of digital verification of your employment authorization documents as provided on the Form I-9. Participation in E-Verify does not limit your right to work and verification will only be completed after you become an employee with Amogy.