Senior Reaction Engineer
Amogy is a well-funded technology startup on a mission to decarbonize transportation by developing a unique and revolutionary power system that runs on ammonia as a renewable fuel. By joining our team, you will be creating the first page of the ammonia-driven green economy. Be part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry for a sustainable future!
What You'll Be Doing:
We are looking for a Senior Chemical Engineer who will take a lead role in the design, modeling, analysis, and testing of reactors for scaled up catalyst formulations.
- Serve as lead engineer to develop and optimize novel chemical reactors for catalytic reactions.
- Design and execute experiments to determine parameters for kinetic modeling.
- Develop kinetic and reactor models for the chemical reaction of interest.
- Design and coordinate testing of reactors in experimental systems at various scales and interpret the data.
- Take the lead to facilitate problem resolution.
- Create a scaling strategy from lab scale experiments with powder catalysts to scaled up reactors with formed catalyst.
- Work on data analytics by using statistical methods and regression techniques including machine learning.
- Work on process simulation to support technology improvement and system integration.
- Ensure proper workplace safety during laboratory activity.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- BS/MS with 8+ or Ph.D. with 4+ years of experience in a chemical engineering-related field (Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar).
- Prior experience in kinetic/reactor model development.
- Have hands-on experience in laboratory scale and/or bench scale fixed bed reactors in an industrial setting.
- Prior experience leading and developing a team of chemical engineers is preferred.
- Working knowledge of catalysis and reaction engineering.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The salary pay range for this position is $134,000 to $143,000. The salary pay range is applicable to positions physically based in Houston, TX. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, job experience and physical location.
If this sounds like a role that will excite you, and you see yourself in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you are learning and collaborating cross-functionally, we want to talk to you!
What We Offer:
- Competitive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
- FSA and HSA
- 401(k) with 5% company match
- Life insurance
- Unlimited (PTO)
- Ancillary Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Open, supportive culture of drive and execution
Amogy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amogy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. If you receive an offer of employment from Amogy, you will need to go through the E-Verify process of digital verification of your employment authorization documents as provided on the Form I-9. Participation in E-Verify does not limit your right to work and verification will only be completed after you become an employee with Amogy.