Principal Process Engineer
Amogy is a well-funded technology startup on a mission to decarbonize transportation by developing a unique and revolutionary power system that runs on ammonia as a renewable fuel. By joining our team, you will be creating the first page of the ammonia-driven green economy. Be part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry for a sustainable future!
Integral to our success is a Principal Process Chemical Engineer that will be responsible for leading process efforts of engineering and taking initiative in improving technology commercialization!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Leads process engineering of module development and product deployments.
- Supervises, reviews, and approves process engineering related design documents such as simulation, P&ID, controls narrative, equipment sizing and process datasheets.
- Leads meetings (kick-off, client review, vendor drawing review) and support prototype demo tests.
- Develops design guidelines, procedures, and process tools and train the team how to use them.
- Act as a liaison between process engineering team, internal stakeholders, external vendors and partners to promote technology development and deployments.
- Participates in safety review meetings including PHA, HAZOPs, MOC, and PSSR.
- Fosters innovation by contributing in patents, better work processes, and product integration.
- Able to influence and align colleagues, management, and clients on both technical resolutions and new ideas.
Our Ideal Principal Process Engineer Will:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering and 15+ years of relevant experience.
- Have a PhD degree and 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Have solid knowledge of chemical engineering principles.
- Have led a group of process engineers in delivering PDP and FEED packages especially for pilot plant design for facility design or pilot skid.
- Have an ability to supervise and mentor the project or process engineering team members.
- Have experience with engaging successfully with clients, partners and internal employees in engineering or technology development work.
- Have an ability to initiate and implement new projects.
- Have an ability to introduce new knowledge and design tools.
- Have an ability to in make quick decisions in the area of process engineering.
- Process engineering experience in maritime or offshore applications is a preferred.
By joining our team, you will be creating the first page of the ammonia-driven green mobility, and its economy. If this sounds like a role that will excite you, and you see yourself in a fast-paced, early stage, high-growth environment where you are learning and collaborating cross-functionally, we want to talk to you!
What We Offer:
- Competitive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
- FSA and HSA
- 401(k) with 5% company match
- Life insurance
- Unlimited (PTO)
- Ancillary Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Open, supportive culture of drive and execution
Amogy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amogy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. If you receive an offer of employment from Amogy, you will need to go through the E-Verify process of digital verification of your employment authorization documents as provided on the Form I-9. Participation in E-Verify does not limit your right to work and verification will only be completed after you become an employee with Amogy.