AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We apply AI-powered automation to economically and sustainably improve our global recycling system.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post and BuiltIn Colorado have recognized AMP as one of the state's top workplaces. We’re fostering an environment where passionate individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including North American Cleantech Company of the Year and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is looking for a Production Operator in Southeastern Virginia. Exact location will be disclosed in screening process.
- Perform pre and post-operative equipment inspections identifying repairs needed
- Safely operate all equipment
- Complete service and/or inspections of equipment
- Monitor equipment to ensure proper operation and minimal down time
- Ensure all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each shift and as assigned
- Follow all quality control protocols and report any quality control deviations
- Adhere to all company, regulatory, and safety requirements
- Provide back up assistance to the Plant Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or GED certification
- Four years (4) experience operating similar or manufacturing equipment
- The ability to speak, read, and write in English
- Understand and follow company safety procedures
- Demonstrate initiative to work independently while flexible enough to work in team setting
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance
- Overtime and call-in work may be required
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with productivity standards
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs throughout an 8 - 12 hour shift
- Ability to stand, climb, bend, twist and lift equipment and tools throughout an 8 - 12 hour shift
- Training in Cleveland Ohio up to 1 month
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Potential exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Work environment; includes machines, tools, trucks, dust, fumes and odors.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color. (remove if not a requirement)
- All work is conducted in an open building environment with exposure to outdoor conditions. 90% of work is hands on shop floor operation, sortation, housekeeping and maintenance duties.
- Training to take place in Cleveland Ohio for up to 2 months
- Southeastern Virginia, United States
- ~10% travel
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants who identify with a historically underrepresented group are encouraged to apply.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equity Grant: The candidate selected for this role will be recommended for a stock option grant commensurate with the position and the candidate’s qualifications.
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna medical healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- Life Insurance: The company covers the cost of Basic Life / AD&D 1 x Salary, option to purchase additional through New York Life
- HSA Eligible Health Plans
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO
- Benefits start the day you start
- 6 Accrued Sick Days.
- Eight (8) paid holidays, 2 Floating Holidays