Senior Data Scientist (Remote, PhD Required)
Our platform involves ingesting and modeling hundreds of thousands of high-resolution timeseries, updated at 15-minute intervals. We're looking for candidates who have experience building high-velocity machine learning systems from scratch.
• Build advanced timeseries forecasting models at scale. Our customers depend on us to reliably forecast energy demand, both short term and long term, at micro and macro levels.
• We use a combination of classical timeseries techniques as well as modern ML. We're not big on deep learning, but we're open to the possibility.
• Energy demand and generation both depend on climate and weather, so be prepared to learn lots about meteorology!
• We are primarily Python based, but it's early days, so the right candidate can have a big impact on our tools and infrastructure.
Our engineering team is still quite small, so the right candidate can have a big impact on our tools and infrastructure. We are strong supporters of open source and we encourage our employees to publish and give talks about the work they do at Amperon.
NOTE PhD required for this role
While we are serious about our company’s culture, we aren’t going to force “culture” to prove that we are cool and fun. It’s a company filled with smart, genuinely nice individuals who are passionate about data science, energy and working together to build a product that can have a lasting impact on our planet.
Even though we are a remote company with employees spread across the globe, we still believe human interaction is a good thing. All new employees will fly out to meet their manager within a month of being hired. We will also have an all-company event at least once a year so people can get to know each other in a more fun and social way.
· Competitive salary
· Health insurance
· Free vision and dental insurance
· Monthly gym membership stipend
· Pre-tax commuter benefits
· Stock options
· Flexible work hours
· Company events