Controls Manufacturing Engineer
Backed by Bill Gates’ Breakthrough Energy Ventures and Chris Sacca’s Lowercarbon Capital, Antora Energy turns sunshine and wind into a reliable, on-demand source of zero-carbon heat and power to enable deep decarbonization of industry and the electric grid. Propelled by a world-class team that includes leaders in their fields, Antora will eliminate gigatons of emissions while increasing U.S. energy security, reducing our dependence on global supply chains, supporting well-paying jobs, and protecting marginalized communities from industrial pollution.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. Our people are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to providing clean, reliable, and affordable energy to everyone on earth. People join our team to do the most fulfilling and impactful work of their lives on climate change. Join one of the world’s most transformative climate tech companies. We’re ready to decarbonize the global economy. Are you?
Learn more about us HERE
We are seeking a self-driven and passionate individual to join our engineering team to deliver zero-carbon industrial heat and power with our novel solid state thermal battery. We are a tight-knit team that loves what we do and we strive to have an impact, working with humility and openness while building lifelong relationships along the way. The Controls Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for automation and control system build architecture, creating the electrical schematics and layout CAD drawings, and leading the manufacturing effort of the control system hardware and panel builds.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Selecting industrial control systems hardware for use with PLC control systems
- Designing panel layouts, loop schematics, wiring and cable diagrams
- Working with manufacturing on panel and hardware builds, cable routings, and hardware integration
- Helping with software development and SCADA development
- Helping with startup and test of control system hardware
- Bachelors or equivalent in an engineering field (e.g. mechanical, industrial, process, electrical, software, automation etc.) and/or 3+ years’ experience in industrial applications engineering (oil & gas, chemicals, power plants, etc.).
- Experience with industrial control equipment: relays, power supplies, PLCs, IO cards, PCBs, etc..
- Working knowledge of UL508A standards and NEC/NFPA70.
- Manufacturing process and, engineering process experience (5s, six sigma, etc)
- Experience with Solidworks Electrical, AutoCAD Electrical, or similar CAD software.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills, ability to think about problems from a first-principles perspective.
- Experience working independently, as well as working in a team-orientated and fast-paced startup-like environment.
- Proven ability to lead and operate comfortably across many engineering disciplines (e.g. mechanical, electrical, thermal, fluids, controls).
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Experience commissioning of process plants or other industrial facilities
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, Modular Assembly, and Plant Maintenance
- Technical writing. Equipment specifications, technical reports
- Experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens, Emerson, etc control systems
- Ladder Logic, Function Block, Structured Text, and VBA experience
- Vendor and client relations
Salary Range: $135,000 USD - $155,000 USD
Salary Basis: Annual
This job posting contains the salary range that Antora Energy believes it would be willing to pay for the posted job. The actual salary offered will be determined within the posted range based on a candidate's experience, credentials, and expertise as they pertain to the requirements of the position.
In addition to a competitive base salary, Antora Energy’s Total Rewards program includes a premium health benefits package with life and disability insurance, a 401K plan, a flexible spending account, industry leading paid time off policy, providing a flexible and inclusive holiday observance, as well as paid volunteer time off.