Sr. Electrical Engineer
Backed by Bill Gates’ Breakthrough Energy Ventures and Chris Sacca’s Lowercarbon Capital, Antora Energy turns sunshine and wind into a reliable, on-demand source of zero-carbon heat and power to enable deep decarbonization of industry and the electric grid. Propelled by a world-class team that includes leaders in their fields, Antora will eliminate gigatons of emissions while increasing U.S. energy security, reducing our dependence on global supply chains, supporting well-paying jobs, and protecting marginalized communities from industrial pollution.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. Our people are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to providing clean, reliable, and affordable energy to everyone on earth. People join our team to do the most fulfilling and impactful work of their lives on climate change. Join one of the world’s most transformative climate tech companies. We’re ready to decarbonize the global economy. Are you?
Learn more about us HERE
Antora is seeking a skilled and motivated Sr. Electrical Engineer to join our growing team. As an Electrical Engineer, you will play a crucial role in developing electrical systems for our innovative thermal energy storage system. Your expertise will be essential in defining electrical scope and ensuring compliance with applicable codes, standards, and safety practices. This role requires a deep understanding of electrical distribution, transformation, and control of large (>100MW) medium voltage systems.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead electrical engineering, construction, and commissioning activities at the Company’s R&D sites, including installation of transformers, panelboards, cables and raceways, grounding system, and protective devices.
- Review vendor materials quotations, evaluate technical bid evaluations, and recommend selections based on technical merit along with price and delivery. Collaborate with Supply Chain to procure equipment and materials.
- Coordinate engineering/design execution, planning, and interface to ensure compliance with applicable codes, environmental guidelines, quality assurance program, project schedule, and budget.
- Working knowledge of equipment and cable sizing, grounding calculations, lighting, conduit/cable tray fill, and electrical studies (load flow, short circuit, protection coordination, and transient stability)
- Define electrical architecture and develop one-line diagrams for the first-of-its-kind thermal storage test rig and following commercial facilities.
- Prepare electrical load lists and equipment datasheets, develop specifications, commissioning, and maintenance procedures.
- BSEE with at least 5 years of related experience.
- Electrical equipment requisitioning experience up to 35kV.
- Electrical Power System studies experience with ETAP or SKM Power Tools.
- Familiarity with protective relays and electrical control system components.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple simultaneous goals.
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification or ability to obtain it in a reasonable timeframe.
- Familiarity with DNP3, IEC61850, and other communication standards.
- Field engineering & construction support at medium to large industrial facilities.
- Experience working with EPCs on projects from pre-FEED to detailed engineering and design, commissioning, and startup.
Salary Range: $162,000 - $180,000 USD
Salary Basis: Annual
This job posting contains the salary range that Antora Energy believes it would be willing to pay for the posted job. The actual salary offered will be determined within the posted range based on a candidate's experience, credentials, and expertise as they pertain to the requirements of the position.
In addition to a competitive base salary, Antora Energy’s Total Rewards program includes a premium health benefits package with life and disability insurance, a 401K plan, a flexible spending account, industry leading paid time off policy, providing a flexible and inclusive holiday observance, as well as paid volunteer time off.