At Antora, we’re on a mission to stop climate change and we can’t do that unless we tackle the 30% of global emissions that come from industry.
Antora is manufacturing thermal batteries that bridge the gap between renewable power and industrial production. Antora’s batteries store energy from renewables as heat for days on end, delivering that stored energy as heat and power at the scale and temperatures that large industrial operations demand. We’re on a path to eliminate gigatons of emissions while increasing U.S. energy security, strengthening domestic manufacturing, and protecting marginalized communities from industrial pollution.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. We are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to a future where every industrial facility, everywhere on earth, is powered by abundant, low-cost, zero-emissions energy.
As Policy Analyst, you will conduct policy research and quantitative analysis; work with team members and partners to design and analyze policy scenarios, interpret the results, and share findings with decision-makers in federal, state, and local government; and produce communications materials to amplify the impact of this research. This position will report to the VP of Communications and Public Policy. This is an opportunity to develop expertise in climate technologies, industrial decarbonization, and the energy transition. And it is also an opportunity to join a world-class team at a fast-growing startup poised to rapidly scale our breakthrough industrial decarbonization technology.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute research and data analysis on thermal batteries, energy markets, and industrial decarbonization
- Engage with third-party organizations, researchers, and advocates to conduct research and advance policy priorities
- Develop, implement, and manage the production and distribution of a variety of written products for internal and external audiences, including presentations and whitepapers that advance Antora’s policy and commercial objectives, and materials that translate research findings for a broader audience
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research; analyze pending state and federal legislative proposals, administrative policies, and regulatory changes
- Identify and work with publicly available databases containing relevant economic, energy, and environmental data
- Prepare and support Antora leadership and team members for external opportunities
- Identify and secure opportunities to advance Antora’s federal and state policy agenda
- Assist in the coordination and planning of meetings, events, and issue-based coalition work
- Represent Antora in external meetings such as with Capitol Hill staff, coalition partners, and media to advance Antora’s work
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- At least one year of professional experience in energy and/or climate policy or a related field, or a master’s degree
- Knowledge of energy markets, industrial decarbonization, and/or climate issues a plus
- Quantitative skills such as the ability to work with large datasets and quickly understand third-party analyses
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate policy matters to a broad audience
- Ability to independently manage projects from conception to completion
- Ability to work under and meet deadlines in a team setting
- Deep interest, passion, and commitment to addressing climate change
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, and collaborative environment
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to think critically about information to solve problems
- Outstanding interpersonal skills—a team player who can build collaborative relationships across the company and with external partners
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and multitasking abilities to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent projects
- Keen eye for detail, ensuring all content is strategic, on-brand, and valuable to our audiences
Work Location: Washington, D.C. area or San Francisco bay area