Motion Control Software Engineer
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting-edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.
Applied Intuition provides software solutions to safely develop, test, and deploy autonomous vehicles at scale. The company’s suite of simulation, validation, and drive log management software enables development teams to create thousands of scenarios in minutes, run simulations at scale, and verify and validate algorithms for production deployment. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Detroit, Washington, D.C., Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo, Applied consists of software, robotics, and automotive experts with experiences from top global companies. Leading autonomy programs and 17 of the top 20 global OEMs use Applied’s solutions to bring autonomy to market faster.
About the role
A Motion Controls Software Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing software solutions for vehicle control systems. They work on designing, optimizing, and integrating software components that enhance the performance, safety, and efficiency of vehicles.
At Applied, you will:
- Develop software for vehicle control systems, including but not limited to powertrain, chassis, and driver-assistance systems
- Develop well-documented libraries and interfaces that will enable future developers to implement their own algorithms
- Design and optimize algorithms for vehicle control modules to enhance vehicle performance, safety, and efficiency
- Document software designs, requirements, and test procedures to ensure compliance with industry standards
- Collaborate with hardware engineers and system architects to ensure seamless integration of software components into vehicle platforms
- Prototype control algorithms and effectively showcasing their capabilities in front of OEM customers
We're looking for someone who has:
- At least 2 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field; Master's degree preferred
- Solid proficiency in Python or C/C++
- Worked with source control systems (e.g., GIT) in collaborative multi-developer projects
- Basic knowledge of driving domain-related automotive systems. E.g. electric powertrain, steering system, brake system
- Understanding of control theories and practical control algorithm implementations in embedded systems
Nice to have:
- Proficiency in the development, theory, design, modeling, and implementation of motion control algorithms
- Expertise in advanced embedded control system
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans
or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.