Facilities Tech / Handyman (contract)
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting-edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.
Applied Intuition provides software solutions to safely develop, test, and deploy autonomous vehicles at scale. The company’s suite of simulation, validation, and drive log management software enables development teams to create thousands of scenarios in minutes, run simulations at scale, and verify and validate algorithms for production deployment. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Detroit, Washington, D.C., Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo, Applied consists of software, robotics, and automotive experts with experiences from top global companies. Leading autonomy programs and 17 of the top 20 global OEMs use Applied’s solutions to bring autonomy to market faster.
About the role
We are seeking a skilled and reliable Facilities Technician/Handyman to join our team and ensure the efficient maintenance and operation of our office facilities. The Facilities Technician/Handyman will play a crucial role in maintaining a safe, clean, and functional working environment for all employees. This position requires a proactive and versatile individual with a strong background in general maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting.
At Applied, you will:
- Perform regular inspections, maintenance, and repairs of office facilities, including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, lighting systems, furniture, and general building infrastructure
- Diagnose and troubleshoot equipment, systems, and fixtures, promptly addressing any issues to minimize disruptions and ensure optimal functioning
- Ensure the office premises are kept in excellent condition, including regular cleaning, painting, and touch-ups, both indoors and outdoors
- Maintain a safe and hazard-free workplace by identifying potential safety concerns and addressing them promptly, adhering to all safety regulations and standards
- Manage and maintain office equipment, such as copiers, printers, and other appliances, coordinating with vendors for repairs and servicing as needed
- Provide assistance to employees with minor repairs and requests, such as fixing furniture, hanging pictures, assembling equipment, etc.
- Keep track of inventory for maintenance and cleaning supplies, ensuring adequate stock levels are maintained
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in general maintenance, facilities management, or a similar role
- Some experience in electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and HVAC systems is preferred
- Demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to handle a wide range of maintenance tasks and the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong awareness of safety protocols and a commitment to maintaining a safe working environment
- Great organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to perform physical tasks, including lifting heavy objects, climbing ladders, and standing for extended periods
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact professionally with employees, vendors, and contractors
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the facilities team and work harmoniously with other departments
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; additional technical certifications or training in relevant areas is a plus
The pay estimate for this position is $40-60/hr; the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans
or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.