Combustion Test/Build Engineer
Founded by a core of former SpaceX rocket engineers, Arbor is developing advanced energy and negative emission technologies to fight climate change. Rooted in solarpunk culture, we are striving to build a truly sustainable civilization with carbon-negative energy at its center.
Core Team Traits:
Entrepreneurial types (scrappy and self-driven); big thinkers, problem solvers, tinkerers, creators, hackers, disruptors; passionate and above all kind people.
What You’ll Do:
Design test stands and ground support equipment including 3D modeling, fluid and structural analysis, fabrication drawings, fluids P&IDs, and instrumentation diagrams. Supervise and coordinate test stand construction and activation. Run test operations to support development of world-class, rocketry-derived combustion devices.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 3+ years of experience in hardware development testing
- Hands-on experience with test equipment such as valves, regulators, actuators, power supplies, pressure sensors and thermocouples
- Experience with high pressure and high temperature systems
- Ability to execute under pressure (quickly and calmly detect and mitigate hot-fire anomalies)
- Potential travel to test site(s)
Nice to Haves:
- 5+ years of experience
- Advanced degree in electrical, mechanical or aerospace engineering
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Design and analysis of combustion devices
- Experience with rocket hot-fire testing
- Experience with NI LabVIEW or similar software suites
- Coding experience including MATLAB, Python, Java, C++, or similar