Customer Experience Specialist
What we’re building
Our vision is to electrify all waterborne vessels, and we're starting with electric watersport boats.
An electric boat is superior to a gas boat in almost every way: not only is it way easier to maintain (the single biggest pain point of owning a gas boat) and a lot cheaper to operate (a day of use costs ~$10 compared to ~$100 for a gas boat), but it’s also quieter, faster, more stable, and cleaner, with no fumes or pollutants.
Battery tech is finally good enough to pull this off, but a truly performant electric boat also requires a strong, lightweight hull to accommodate the large battery. With years of experience in aerospace manufacturing, we believe we can disrupt the gasoline boating industry through first principle engineering, innovative production techniques, and a scrappy start-up approach to problem solving.
What we’re looking for
We are a growing team looking for someone that is excited by our vision, eager for a challenge, and ready to evangelize the benefits of electric boating to a broad new audience. You will be a full-time member of our Customer team and will be headquartered from our manufacturing facility in Los Angeles. You’ll also be expected to travel regularly around the US and Canada to promote our products and connect with customers and partners.
Given that we’re an early stage company, you will be working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment. That said, there are some responsibilities and qualifications we expect to stay relatively constant for this role.
- Demonstrating and selling our boats to a wide variety of people around the US
- Building and maintaining relationships with current and potential customers, marina owners, vendors and partners
- Supporting current customers with issues via phone, chat, and in-person visits
- Representing Arc at public-facing events such as boat shows, press events, and marina demonstrations
- Collecting customer feedback and opinions to inform marketing and product strategy
- At least three years of experience in sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to operate independently and make data-backed decisions on the go
- Willingness to travel regularly
- Prior boating experience and industry knowledge
- A scrappy, “get-things-done” mentality
- An eye for design and marketing
- Mechanical or technical skills for troubleshooting smaller boat, trailer, or truck-related issues
What you’ll get
- Talented teammates that challenge you to be better
- Access to and input over all aspects of the business
- A meaningful equity stake
- An opportunity to have an outsized impact on industry-defining vehicles
- The ability to drive positive environmental change through your work
- Nearly free health insurance (we cover 99%)
- Daily lunches and plenty of snacks
- Unlimited boat rides!
- Salary between $80,000 - $115,000
Hope to hear from you soon!
The crew at Arc