Director of Quantitative Modeling
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2023
Ark Biotech is powering the most important infrastructure buildout of this generation to transform how people consume protein. Ark is a B2B company engineering and designing next-generation production systems for the cultivated meat industry. We are a venture-backed startup driven by a desire to create a better food system for the planet and its inhabitants. At Ark, you will have the opportunity to solve difficult problems that matter and apply cutting-edge engineering and science in an environment that rewards creativity and visionary approaches.
About the role
At Ark, we are creating the first intelligent bioreactor. Leveraging Industry 4.0, we are developing a new operating system for biomanufacturing where decisions are made automatically, enabled by real-time data from advanced sensors and a first-of-its-kind digital twin. ArkOS will dramatically improve yield through enabling optimal decision-making, so that cultivated meat companies can produce more, for less.
We are looking for a highly-entrepreneurial, hard-working Director of Modeling with a track record of people leadership, fostering collaboration, and nurturing talent to create a world-class team. This individual should be equally comfortable diving into the nitty-gritty details of data analysis and code development, as they are in charting the strategic course for the team. If you're passionate about the intersection of science and technology, eager to roll up your sleeves, and ready to drive innovation in bioprocess modeling, join us.
- Full-time, exempt
- Greater Boston area
- Benefits include health, dental, and vision coverage, holiday and vacation time, 401k matching, stock options, and opportunity for career advancement as the company grows
- Leadership and Team Development: Provide strategic direction, mentorship, and guidance to the bioprocess modeling team, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment. Recruit, develop, and retain top talent to build a world-class team.
- Data Analysis and Modeling: Be hands-on in the development and implementation of bioprocess models, including data collection, analysis, and interpretation. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize bioprocesses and deliver actionable insights.
- Modeling Strategy: Develop and execute a clear, data-driven strategy for bioprocess modeling, aligning it with the organization's goals and objectives. Drive innovation and continuously enhance modeling techniques.
- Project Management: Oversee and manage projects related to bioprocess modeling, ensuring timelines and objectives are met. Collaborate with stakeholders to define project scope, objectives, and deliverables.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with automation, R&D cell-culture, and engineering teams to ensure alignment.
- MS or Ph.D. in chemical engineering, data-science, operations research, applied mathematics, statistics, or other relevant fields
- 7+ years of direct experience in numerical simulation of dynamic systems
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience in programming and solving complex differential equations
- End-to-end skills in simulation planning, execution, data analysis, and documentation
Ark Biotech is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.