Azolla Ventures seeks an Operations Analyst for its early-stage, impact-driven venture capital firm. Azolla Ventures brings a fundamentally new approach to venture investing, integrating catalytic capital and conventional venture capital to embrace high risk and prioritize climate impact. Azolla Ventures was created by Prime Coalition, a nonprofit organization that partners with philanthropists and other mission-driven investors to support market-driven innovations designed to catalyze, deepen, or accelerate solutions for climate change.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Operations Analyst will support the operations of Azolla Ventures and successor funds. This is an opportunity to be part of a lean team innovating at the forefront of climate investing, catalytic capital, and technology commercialization. The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic environment and have a “can do” attitude. This is a role for the right individual to learn the full scope of venture capital business operations at the cutting edge of impact investing.
Azolla Ventures is an equal opportunity employer with an intentional focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We have a majority-female leadership team, and especially encourage applicants from backgrounds which are underrepresented in venture capital to apply.
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts (hybrid in office at least 2x per week) Reporting relationship: Reports directly to the Chief of Staff Compensation: $75k, plus a bonus and carried interest Work Authorization: Unfortunately, Azolla Ventures is not able to sponsor U.S. work visas now or in the foreseeable future. All applicants will be required to produce valid U.S. work authorization prior to commencing employment.
Start date: As soon as possible.
● Own the firm’s marketing efforts, including social media presence, website, portfolio company updates, and other public profiles.
● Support the firm’s team culture initiatives. Plan and execute team events.
● Manage and maintain the CRM system.
● Update internal policies and procedural documents.
● Interface with service providers in support of HR, IT, finance, legal, and administrativefunctions.
● Closely communicate with outsourced back office administrator to support themonitoring and reporting on fund and management company finances.
● Own logistics of the team office space and firm-hosted events, including the annualinvestor meeting.
● Grow to support LP communications, including semi-annual fund reporting,onboarding, and capital calls. Assist in managing fundraising pipelines and supporting subscription processes.
● Highly mission-oriented and motivated to address climate change.
● Excitement and ability to work in a multicultural team; in addition, excellent
interpersonal skills that allow you to work with vendors, founders, co-investors, partners and other stakeholders of diverse backgrounds.
● Self-starting, can-do attitude: You should be a person who says “yes, if,” not “no, because.” Uncharted territory should excite you, not intimidate you.
● Exceptional attention to detail and organization; ability to juggle multiple tasks.
● Technologically proficient, with a high aptitude for digital marketing design.
● Ability to work independently and excited to take initiative on projects.
● Ability to represent the organization with utmost professionalism and integrity.
● Bachelor’s degree. Excellent academic track record and 0+ years post-college workexperience. Excellence to us does not mean a high GPA; we believe internships, co-ops, and personal experiences are additive to a candidate’s background.
● Thoughtful oral and written communication, listening, and critical thinking skills. Agood sense of humor is a key asset.
● Deep curiosity coupled with a vision for a better world.
- One or more years’ experience in an operations role, ideally in financial services. Experience in wealth management, asset management, or technology start-ups is a plus.
- Experience with WordPress is a plus.