Simulation Software Engineer (Fullstack or Backend)
South Burlington, VT, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2023
This is a role as a simulation software engineer for BETA’s piloted immersive eVTOL engineering and training simulators. The selected candidate will maintain our diverse array of eVTOL aircraft engineering and training simulators, architect and implement simulation analogs to in-vehicle systems and work with flight test pilots and engineers to prioritize feature development. Additionally, the candidate will also play a key role in developing the next generation of our simulation architecture.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Software engineering of BETA’s piloted immersive eVTOL engineering and training simulators.
- Architecting and implementing simulation analogs to in-vehicle systems, with the capability to integrate the work of model-based design teams and other subject matter experts.
- Collaborating on, reviewing, and merging pull requests made by teammates.
- Strategizing and maintaining continuous integration and deployment across BETA’s multiple simulator sites.
- Strategizing simulation program development to drive value in areas such as human factors, certification, interoperability with military simulators, subscale models, or autonomy.
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- Competence in modern software development processes (i.e. Git, code reviews, testing, and continuous integration).
- 2+ years of experience in an independent contributor or leadership role as part of an engineering team.
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Knowledge of airplane/helicopter flight or control concepts.
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink.
- Experience with network communication frameworks such as ZeroMQ.
- A thorough understanding of computer architecture.
- Experience with autonomous systems, human factors, controls systems, machine learning, or other field expanding on this role in simulation.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (email@example.com). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.
See more open positions at BETA Technologies
Something looks off?