Senior Buyer - Build to Print
Accounting & Finance
South Burlington, VT, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 7, 2023
BETA Technologies Inc., is seeking a highly skilled Senior Buyer(s) to support subcontracting and procurement of metallic machinings, composite aircraft structures, materials, and hardware. In this role, you will be responsible for sourcing and order fulfillment for assigned commodities and supplier accounts to ensure BETA’s manufacturing team has the required materials to build the electrified future of aerospace. As a Senior Buyer, you will be responsible for the management of supplier cost, schedule, and technical performance of custom design, highly modified commercial off-the-shelf, and other complex build-to-print components. A successful candidate will be a team player with an exceptional ability to multitask and manage multiple competing priorities. Experience with 3, 4, & 5-axis machining, and complex composite manufacturing techniques is a major plus.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Participate in the generation of Statements of Work (SoW)
- Lead the development of Request for Proposal (RFP) packages
- Lead the source selection process
- Preparing purchase orders or bid requests; entering data of all purchase orders
- Manage supplier performance throughout the lifecycle of the contract
- Act as commercial authority on behalf of the company, signing agreements as delegated.
- Prepare formal communication to supply chain
- Act as the liaison between internal and external stakeholders
- Schedule and lead Program Review Meetings
- Performing other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or Supply Chain, or the equivalent in work experience.
- 2-5 years of procurement experience in managing high-dollar / complex aerospace projects.
- Experience and confidence within an ERP system. Immersion using Plex, Oracle, SAP, or Epicor systems will provide a proper base for success
- An analytical mind with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication
- Google G -Suite including drive, mail, calendar, docs, sheets, slides, charts, hangouts; Slack, application lifecycle
- Passion for safety through quality in both design, software development, and manufacturing
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Experience with machining and composites manufacturing.
- PMP Certification or other project management experience.
- Working knowledge of AS9100 and aerospace certification requirements.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Fluent in French
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, and handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (email@example.com). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.
See more open positions at BETA Technologies
Something looks off?