Composite Assembler - Manufacturing
South Burlington, VT, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
At Beta Technologies, together we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
As a Composite Assembler at Beta Technologies, you will be working as part of a team of engineers and technicians fabricating, modifying, assembling, installing, and repairing composite parts and tooling for the production of electric aircraft and equipment, along with managing necessary materials and supplies, and maintaining the composite shop facilities.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Ability to locate, align and drill precision holes in Composites and Metallics.
- Proficient with the handling of composites and aircraft-grade materials.
- Work with aviation assembly tooling and semi-automated drilling equipment.
- Attention to detail and a desire for accuracy with the ability to read and follow detailed work instructions and quality control processes.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- A self-directed, driven, and reliable approach to your work.
- Possess fine motor skills with the ability to be delicate while using power and hand tools on composite parts and molds.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Maintain the work area in a neat and organized manner.
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- Experience in a manufacturing setting, building experience, and attention to detail.
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or equivalent.
- Willing to work well under pressure as part of a team.
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness to ensure the quality of own work.
- Innovative and mechanically oriented mindset; looks for ways to improve processes and promote quality.
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Experience with Composites or Metal fabrication.
- Familiarity with clean as go and organizational techniques.
- Experience with drilling, cutting, and sanding equipment.
- Automotive body (sanding/polishing), gel coat, and paint preparation skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The work environment may require a combination of indoor and outdoor activities (hot, cold, wet, humid conditions) with a varied amount of walking, standing, sitting, climbing (i.e. ladders, stairs), balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery surfaces), bending, reaching, handling (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, picking, punching), stooping, kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds. Work may require the ability to operate material handling equipment (forklift, pallet jack, etc.) in a safe manner. While performing the duties of this job, employees may work around variable noise levels or with fume or airborne particles, hazardous chemicals, etc. requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as face protection (safety glasses, goggles, face shield), gloves, and hearing protection. Work duties may also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer and/or the ability to travel by air or automobile. This position may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization. Some positions entail working with small parts/components. Employees must have excellent hand-eye coordination and good manual dexterity in both hands. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.
See more open positions at BETA Technologies
Something looks off?