Software Quality Engineer - Process Assurance - Raleigh
Raleigh, NC, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
At Beta Technologies, together we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with a team of fellow certification-oriented engineers & DER's, systems engineers, and other design engineers providing critical design, auditability of process, and process controls. Contributing as a team member to plan, build, and manage the certification artifacts and timelines at the aircraft, systems, and sub-systems levels. The individual should have a passion for safety through quality in both design, software development, and manufacturing.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Activities and Auditing
- SQA process improvements and updates
- Auditing of the Software Life Cycle Processes and Data
- Management of Software Quality Assurance Records
- Reporting progress and risks to stakeholders
- Software Supplier Oversight (SSO) Activities and Auditing
- SSO process improvements and updates
- Coordination and completion of supplier software audits
- Management of supplier quality records
- Reporting and tracking of supplier software corrective actions
- Support the AS9100 quality system requirements
- Perform RCCA for internal non-conformities
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- Bachelor of Science in a relevant engineering or quality discipline
- 5+ years of experience in aerospace or other regulated design and manufacturing industry
- Expert working knowledge of Quality Management Systems procedures ISO9001, and SAE AS9100
- Knowledge of aerospace certification process including ARP4754A, ARP4761, DO-178C (and supplements), DO-330, ISO9001, and AS9100
- Google G-Suite including Drive, Mail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Charts, Slack, Polarion, JIRA
- Superb problem-solving, team communication, attention to detail, analytical and methodical skills
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Experience with the development and flawless execution of Software Quality Assurance processes
- Significant aerospace software supplier oversight experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, and handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.