Facilities Team Member - Burlington
People & HR, Operations
South Burlington, VT, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Performs a high level of skilled maintenance, repairs, adjustments, and minor construction work to ensure all facilities are properly established, maintained and all teams remain on target for specific company deadlines. Facility Team Members are the heartbeat to Beta’s facilities. Beta’s culture and team performances are directly impacted by the work produced by our Facilities Team members. Standards are set high for critical projects, and successful task performances are crucial to the team's mission. Duties may fall into a variety of trades including carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, energy management, safety, security systems, and all aviation systems or related specialty equipment. Within the facilities job family there’s often overlap between the levels of work we do. Therefore, within this position, you’ll be called upon to perform tasks associated with higher or lower-level tasks, such as when working independently, learning a new skill, or assisting other team members.
Ensures the construction and repair/maintenance of all wood, steel, and concrete structures, fixtures, and furnishings meet the expectations of our growing company. In collaboration with other facility team members, you’ll receive and evaluate work requests, provide recommendations and solutions for problem-solving, effectively delegate tasks to other Beta team members, and confidently contract out work when necessary. The Facilities Team Member ensures target dates are met by managing the time and costs associated with a project and by overseeing projects from conception to completion. Tasks are performed with a high level of detail and professionalism and require good communication skills to present and exchange technical or complex information. Facility Team Members are key contributors for work results that directly impact the accuracy, reliability, and acceptability of other teams to further their results.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Evaluate, coordinate, or complete various construction and repair projects by prioritizing tasks, collaborating with team members, managing task details, and ensuring the timing for tasks are completed on time and within the task budget.
- Performs, assists, and supervises all special facility projects.
- Repairs various fixtures and furniture around the facilities.
- Coordinates projects for the maintenance and remodel work for all Beta locations by interacting with facility team members or trade professionals and gathering all necessary documentation for any work that may require permits.
- Manages the Facility budget by reporting all purchases for building materials, repair work, fixtures, furniture, vehicle maintenance, and any other facility-related costs.
- Maintains working knowledge of materials, systems, and code requirements related to maintenance and construction within our buildings.
- Collaborates daily with team members regarding special materials, objects, or facilities projects needed to meet any team deadline and effectively produces results for their success.
- Assists with preventive maintenance schedules for a variety of facilities systems, components, and structures including, plumbing, low/ high voltage and line voltage electric systems, fire and safety equipment, sprinkler systems, sensors, IT Systems and related hardware, fans, lights, antennas, and other related electrical equipment.
- Operates Beta vehicles and is responsible for the general maintenance and safe operation of all Beta vehicles.
- Operates trucks, lifts, tractors, and trailers and assists with the movement of such equipment and materials.
- Knows and understands the safety procedures for all of the Beta facilities. Observes the work of others including outside contractors and comfortably bring safety concerns or unsafe conditions to the appropriate people.
- Responds to Beta emergencies and assist with closures or openings in emergency situations. This includes adverse weather to electrical fires. The Facilities Team Member is to be certain that all facilities and team members are protected and remain operational in safe conditions at all times.
- Attends daily stand-up meetings and bi-weekly facilities meetings, participates in problem-solving discussions, and supports the Beta Mission by being physically and mentally present.
- Guides less-skilled staff during shared work assignments, offers support or training when necessary, and promotes a positive learning environment for others.
- Performs other daily Facilities duties that need to be completed for the cleanliness and appearance of our facilities.
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- 5 or more years of semi-skilled or higher-level experience in trades, building maintenance, or construction
- Working knowledge of power, hand tools, and heavy equipment
- Ability to plan and direct the work of skilled or semi-skilled workers and other trade professionals.
- Ability to train, mentor, coach, and develop skills of other staff members.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret more complex and technical documentation
- Ability to solve problems and provide several options for resolution.
- Must be able to provide proof of Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Must be apple to work independently with little or no supervision
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast paced-team structured environment
- Basic computer skills with the ability to effectively communicate within the company's software and email programs.
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Specialty trade certificates, degrees, or specialized training in facilities management or project management
- CDL license
- Plumbing, HVAC, and/or electrical knowledge
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is performed indoors and outdoors with exposure to various weather conditions. May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, noise, and temperature extremes. Work pressure, disturbances of workflow, and/or irregularities in work schedules are expected and occur regularly. Work is performed primarily in the field and at the site of the work. Working conditions may be somewhat disagreeable requiring occasional exposure to safety hazards. Regular travel between facilities is daily. While primary facilities hours are during the day you must be able to work outside normal hours, at night & on weekends. Position involves frequent bending, standing, kneeling, climbing ladders, reaching below and above shoulders, and moderate to heavy lifting is required. Wrist, hand and finger dexterity is required to operate various equipment and materials. Extensive walking, and climbing to get to the site of various projects or work activities is a part of everyday life here at Beta. Must be able to use power tools.
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (email@example.com). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.