Senior Mechanical Engineer - Product Design - Ground Support Equipment
Other Engineering, Product, Customer Service, Design
South Burlington, VT, USA
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2023
In this position, you will work as part of the team developing Ground Support Equipment (GSE) for BETA’s eVTOL aircraft. As part of the team, you will be responsible for the design and development of ground-based equipment that supports electric flight, for example, cable management solutions for charging, integration of charging solutions within heliports/vertiports, and cooling systems. In this role, you will work as part of a cross-functional, product development team. Part of your time will be participating in industry working groups on safety and certification requirements to gather information and represent BETA’s position.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Participate in the conceptualization of new product designs and help to determine the feasibility of various design options
- Lead product design efforts of Ground Support Equipment (e.g. pre-conditioned air units, cooling units, ground handling equipment, etc… ) that are used to support aircraft flights
- Work within our CAD program to create drawings, assemblies, and 3D designs for analysis, quoting, and manufacturing
- Generate Bills of Material in Plex (ERP System) and write product manuals
- Get hands-on and build proof-of-concept prototypes
- Develop methods and procedures for testing products or systems
- Participate in product testing or prototypes to aid the design process
- Participate in industry working groups
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- B.S. (M.S. desired) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience designing equipment for use in harsh environments
- Experience using thermal analysis tools for the design of cooling systems
- Experience using 3D CAD (SolidWorks) software for new product development
- Experience evaluating trades during product design
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Advanced degree or 10+ years experience in a similar field
- Experience and working knowledge of equipment certification (i.e. UL, ETL, TUV, etc…)
- Experience designing aviation GSE
- Experience designing heliport equipment
- Experience designing connected (IoT) hardware
- Pilot’s license
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (email@example.com). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.