Final Assembly Line: Harness & Electrical Systems Manufacturing Technician
South Burlington, VT, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
At Beta Technologies, together we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
We are changing aerospace. BETA is seeking a passionate, outside-the-box thinker who will work with the manufacturing teams to continue developing and implementing manufacturing processes for Final Assembly Line (FAL). You will work with a bright and motivated cross-functional team, and develop solutions to enable aerospace production at rate. Your work will bring the highest safety, quality, and efficiency while reducing costs. Your level of involvement will begin in the design phase of new programs all the way to stable, reliable production.
The FAL Technician for Harness & Electrical Systems is responsible for the installation of systems such as the wiring harnesses, the low voltage components, and the high voltage distribution systems. You will perform daily hands-on production assembly tasks while also devoting time to refining manufacturing process layouts, helping design jigs and fixtures, introducing new tools and equipment to the production floor, and continuously improving quality and throughput to align with high-level business goals. You will work closely with your peers to thread design changes from ongoing product development efforts seamlessly into existing build processes. You will be challenged every day and probably have a lot of fun.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Hands-on assembly of electric powertrain components (Motors, Battery Packs, Inverters).
- Hands-on assembly of large mechanical components (Landing Gear)
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of the manufacturing processes as the key process owner.
- Performing in-process quality control inspection tasks, feeling comfortable identifying and raising concerns about process deviations, and being an integral part of any troubleshooting efforts to solve them.
- Maintaining accurate and clear manufacturing documentation in compliance with both internal and external quality systems or regulations. Documentation to include up-to-date assembly process documentation as well as process data (fastener torque, electrical checks, etc.). The candidate should have a drive for organization such that build processes and manufacturing data can easily be audited.
- Performing regular inspection, cleaning, and servicing on manufacturing equipment along with routine and preventative maintenance to keep operations running flawlessly.
- Maintaining maintenance logs for all machines, tools, and jigs in SubCell.
- Providing regular productivity reports, and incident reports as needed.
- Use all mandated safety equipment and complies with all safety requirements in accordance with company and government regulations and guidelines.
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- A two-year degree from an accredited two (2) year college, university, or technical school preferred
- Ability to assist in problem analysis and independent decision making
- Ability to safely operate hand and power tools
- Ability to interpret drawings, specifications, and schematics of battery/electronic components
- High Voltage assembly experience preferred, especially related to DC energy storage systems.
- Previous Computer-Aided Design (CAD) experience preferred
- Good team communication skills required
- Google G -Suite including drive, mail, calendar, docs, sheets, slides, charts, hangouts; slack, application lifecycle
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Able to be on feet for 8 hrs per day as required
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.