Manufacturing Engineer - Manufacturing
South Burlington, VT, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
At Beta Technologies, together we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
We are changing aerospace. BETA is seeking a passionate, outside-the-box thinker who will work with and guide the manufacturing teams to continue developing and improving processes and equipment for Alia manufacturing. You will work with a bright and motivated cross-functional team to drive equipment and process validation and verification and develop ideas and projects for improvement. Your work will bring the highest safety, quality, and efficiency while reducing overall, long-term costs.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Develop process expertise in target manufacturing areas.
- Lead efforts on manufacturing equipment verification and validation.
- Communicate the status of projects, including progress reports, identifying barriers and recommended solutions, integration with other projects or other CI initiatives
- Address issues with design improvements to existing equipment or processes with requirements refinement to drive new or improved equipment and process designs
- Partner in analyzing/recommending changes in technology to refine and enhance safety, service, quality, and cost
- Lead, be involved in design/process reviews, and provide design guidance to internal and external customers/vendors.
- Refine KPI goals and help develop strategies to drive improvement across the business to realize those improvements.
- Provide Design for Manufacturing (DFM), 3D design concept, solution, and direction
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- BS in engineering or a similar field
- 5+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in Lean / Continuous Improvement methods, tools, and implementation
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Demonstrated ability to implement lean and continuous improvement processes
- Knowledge of quality tools (e.g. Cpk., Gage R&R, FMEA, DOE, Sampling, 8D, and other methodologies)
- Familiarity with CAD, PLM, and MRP software
- Comfortable with frequent changes of direction, dynamic work environment, and a track record of performing under pressure
- Exceptional project management and leadership skills
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Knowledge of quality system requirements related to the FAA, AS9100, etc.
- Past work in aerospace or other highly regulated manufacturing industry
- Ability to rapidly concept, design, build, implement, and iterate production-capable processes
- Experience in a leadership role or managing teams
- Certification as a Green or Black Belt is desirable
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Able to be on feet for 8 hrs per day as required
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (email@example.com). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.