Quality Management System Implementation Engineer
South Burlington, VT, USA
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2023
At Beta Technologies, together we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
The ideal candidate is self-directed and capable of implementing our Quality Management System across all departments and locations of Beta’s engineering and manufacturing operations. The candidate will be highly adept at collaborating with internal stakeholders across the enterprise to ensure the Quality Management System requirements are in place and functioning as intended.
You will work as an integral part of a cross-functional quality team to support the evolution of flight. Key to your responsibilities will be supporting the implementation and monitoring effectiveness of all the quality processes and regulatory requirements such as Contract Review, Design, and Development, Production Processes, Control of Nonconforming Material, Control of Records, Customer Delivery, etc… Additionally, it will be critical while performing the deployment efforts to engage with other team members to apply lean manufacturing principles to improve all the quality systems company-wide continually. Regular report-outs of progress to plan, tracking and planning, and risk management analysis will be critical to ensure success in this role.
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- 5+ years of quality management experience in high-tech/complex aerospace manufacturing facility
- Knowledge of AS9100 Quality Management Systems and auditing practices
- Desire to work in a fast-paced dynamic work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with team members throughout the organization
- Demonstrated ability to organize, define, and document quality processes
- Ability to present data and to explain technical subject matter in basic terminology
- Ability to influence without authority and be creative while solving complex problems
- Willingness to be a team player and wear different hats on different days depending on the need
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related STEM field required
- Familiar with: Microsoft Office/G-Suite/Polarion/PLEX.
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- AS 9100 Lead Auditor Certification
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
- Familiarity with FAA regulations, specifically FAR Part 21
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.