Maintenance Technician | Manufacturing Battery
South Burlington, VT, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
At Beta Technologies, we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the equipment and operations used for producing innovative electric aircraft components. As a maintenance technician at Beta Technologies, you will work in a small team environment to rapidly take designs from benchtop assembly to certified production. You will perform daily preventative maintenance and reactive maintenance tasks to meet business goals. Additionally, you will be devoting time to assist with the fabrication of fixtures, making assembly aids, introducing new tools and equipment to the production floor, and continuously improving quality and throughput. You will work closely with your peers to thread design changes from ongoing product development efforts seamlessly into existing build processes. You will be challenged every day and probably have a lot of fun.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Maintaining equipment that ranges from fully automated PLC-controlled machines to simple mechanical fixtures and hand tools.
- Performing regular inspection, cleaning, and servicing of manufacturing equipment along with routine and preventative maintenance to keep operations running flawlessly
- Maintaining equipment spare part inventory
- Occasional Hands-on assembly of electric powertrain components (Motors, Battery Packs, Inverters)
- Developing a deep understanding of the manufacturing processes
- Performing equipment baseline and validation procedures after maintenance is complete
- Initiate and conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for machine and equipment failures
- Maintaining accurate and clear maintenance documentation. Documentation to include up-to-date preventative maintenance schedules, maintenance procedures, parts lists, and troubleshooting Root Cause Analysis
- Maintaining maintenance logs for all machines or processes they oversee, which requires proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned such as component assembly
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- 5+ years experience working in a manufacturing setting as a maintenance technician or A Two-year degree or certificate from an accredited two (2) year college, university, or technical school preferred
- Strong background in troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems
- Knowledge of PLC-controlled systems
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, the principles of Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement, Lean 5S, and Kanban preferred
- Ability to operate hand and power tools
- Experience fabricating and using basic fabrication techniques and tools
- Ability to interpret drawings, specifications, and schematics of battery/electronic components
- High Voltage assembly experience preferred, especially related to DC energy storage systems.
- Good team communication skills required
- Google G -Suite including drive, mail, calendar, docs, sheets, slides, charts, hangouts; slack, application lifecycle
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Aerospace Industry Manufacturing Experience
- Previous Computer-Aided Design (CAD) experience
- Experience troubleshooting with Rockwell Logix5000 a plus
- Certified Electrican or other trade
- A 4 year technical degree
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift 25lbs
- Can be on their feet 8hr a day
Each of our backgrounds influences how we evaluate our own abilities. Research reveals that BIPOC, LGBTQ+, women, those from working-class backgrounds, individuals with disabilities, and other marginalized groups may hesitate to apply for roles if they don't meet all the requirements. Many skills can be learned on the job. If you can envision contributing value to our community and meet most criteria, we encourage you to apply.
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (email@example.com). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder