Shipping and Receiving Coordinator: Plattsburgh | Logistics
Plattsburgh, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
BETA is seeking a motivated, service-oriented Shipping and Receiving Coordinator to join the growing team at our Plattsburgh facility. The primary focus of this role is to receive inbound materials into physical and systemic inventory for delivery to flight test operations. The role will be responsible for inventory transactions, maintenance of accurate inventory records for physical storage, and assisting flight test operations with a variety of material management tasks. An ideal candidate for this role is self-motivated, organized, and has experience in logistics, ordering, inventory control, and material handling. This position requires candidates to be extremely proactive, flexible, and task-driven.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Execute all inventory transactions within the ERP system for both the Plattsburgh hangar and the nearby 213 warehouse.
- Manage the movement of all inbound and outbound material/freight, including heavy lifts, forklift operation, and scheduling shipments.
- Work closely with the flight test team to ensure parts/supplies are on order for upcoming operations.
- Create and execute an organizational system for longer-term inventory kept in the 213 warehouse.
- Think entrepreneurially, understand business needs, and be willing to support various teams where needed.
- Break out parts and assemblies for operational use.
- Inbound inspection of parts, materials, and equipment.
- Inventory management activities, including cycle counting and labeling.
- Ability to work between multiple locations if needed.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet areas, and workstations neat, sweeping, dusting, and mopping.
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- All around good person and fun to work with.
- Manufacturing and startup experience is preferred.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle setbacks, and find solutions to problems.
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to use business judgment to make decisions.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High School diploma.
- Certified forklift operator.
- Experience with ERP systems (PLEX, Oracle, SAP, etc).
- Familiarity with Google G-Suite including Drive, Mail, Calendar, Docs, and Sheets.
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- College degree in supply chain or business administration.
- Experience laying out racking/shelving for storage areas
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Warehouse environment. Must be able to work on your feet for 8 hours. Some computer and RF handheld scanner work is required.
Each of our backgrounds influences how we evaluate our own abilities. Research reveals that BIPOC, LGBTQ+, women, those from working-class backgrounds, individuals with disabilities, and other marginalized groups may hesitate to apply for roles if they don't meet all the requirements. Many skills can be learned on the job. If you can envision contributing value to our community and meet most criteria, we encourage you to apply.
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (email@example.com). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder