Manufacturing Engineer | Airborne Electric Hardware
Raleigh, NC, USA
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2024
At Beta Technologies, we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their unique talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
The Manufacturing Engineer will work as part of a multidisciplinary team in Raleigh, NC supporting the manufacturing of airborne components for BETA’s electric aircraft. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of production manufacturing processes. You will play a key role in manufacturing parts used in flight-critical components (i.e., Flight Controllers, Aircraft Monitoring Systems, and Battery Management Systems). You will help with procurement and work closely with Contract Manufacturers, Suppliers, and BETA Supply Chain.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Work in close liaison with Engineering and Production to define and implement processes for final assembly and installation in the aircraft
- Plan and document work instructions to integrate and optimize aerospace component engineering design requirements into production
- Use FMEA & DOE techniques to determine root cause and corrective actions of manufacturing process problems, workmanship defects, test failures, etc.
- Generate manufacturing assembly documentation and provide direct support of personnel in the day-to-day execution of manufacturing, inspection, and test operations
- Utilize engineering knowledge with an emphasis on manufacturing methods
- Participate in program scheduling
- Participate in supplier reviews
- Develop and optimize scalable manufacturing processes in parallel with product design
- Order parts, materials, and equipment
- Use and provide recommendations on standard machining equipment and tools
- Design and release products used in electric aviation in CATIA and 3DX
- Identify and resolve any critical part shortages that will jeopardize the production schedule
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- B.S. in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Aerospace Engineering or 5+ years of experience in support of manufacturing of high-tolerance or aerospace components
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Experience on cross-functional teams (Mechanical, Electrical, Quality, Supply Chain, Manufacturing)
- Experience with CAD design and 3DX
- Experience with New Product Introduction creating manufacturing/work instructions, leading manufacture of products, and performing production and process planning and troubleshooting
- Experience with Supply Chain aspects of production and use of PLM tools.
- Understand and execute material requirements planning (MRP), capacity planning, and other advanced material planning needs
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Advanced degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience, focusing on process optimization and manufacturing
- Experienced in the use of CATIA, SolidWorks, or OnShape
- Experience making drawings with pragmatic GD&T
- Experience with precise machining and manufacturing processes
- Understanding of design for assembly, lean manufacturing, and capacity planning techniques
- Knowledgeable on AS9100 and ISO9000 standards
- Experience working within GIT version control or other configuration management practices
- Hardware Qualification Test experience per DO-160 or MIL-STD-810
- Knowledge of aircraft structures, systems, or interiors
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (email@example.com). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.