Manufacturing Engineer - Process Engineer | Manufacturing Battery
South Burlington, VT, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
At Beta Technologies, we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
BETA Manufacturing Engineering team is seeking a Manufacturing Process Engineer to focus on line and equipment ideology, design, build, and introduction into production. A strong candidate will have experience in creating and validating capable processes, from ideation through handoff to production for low and high-volume manufacturing in and out of the aerospace sector. Your work will coordinate the design and build of a capable manufacturing line for the Battery manufacturing of BETA’s Alia aircraft. You will work with internal design and manufacturing teams, our Tier 1 suppliers, and other vendors to assist in design for manufacturing.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Collaborate with product design to define key requirements to manufacture product
- Lead and be involved in design reviews and provide design guidance to vendors
- Drive the development of new/innovative manufacturing processes from proof of concept to production including data flow during manufacturing with the Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Right size processes as needed and establish controls for critical parameters
- Own process commissioning on new production capabilities
- Build process documentation to accurately define the process for cross-functional teams
- Develop and manage Process Failure Mode Effective Analysis (PFMEA) and right size risk tolerance using assessments to prioritize process improvement projects and ensure adequate metrology and controls are in place for certification
- Establish process controls for Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Implement your concepts and be capable of debugging process integration issues
- Interface with customers, suppliers, and functional owners to coordinate project activities and remediate project issues
- Develop and implement BETA Engineering Standards
- Design and execute the design of experiments to optimize process conditions
- Fluency in data analysis/interpretation and presentation of experimental data to drive continuous improvement
- Ability to learn and structure the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to integrate process routings, Bills of Material, review and implementation of engineering change requests (ECRs), and participation in non-conformance workflows
Minimum Qualifications We are seeking:
- All around good person and fun to work with
- 2+ years of experience in manufacturing line design and development
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals and ability to apply them toward manufacturing process development
- Experience in line design from product concept to deployed and capable equipment
- Proven problem solver with a demonstrated experience of data-driven root cause analysis
- Statistical software experience
- A definite demonstrated capability in manufacturing process development for new and unique products
- Experience introducing new equipment and new processes into a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of Li-Ion Battery technology and industry a plus
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Comfortable with frequent changes of direction, dynamic work environment, and a track record of performing under pressure
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- 5-10 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in battery or aviation industry manufacturing
- Experience in designing, project managing, and landing manufacturing lines from beginning to end
- Experience with PLEX Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System
- Knowledge of automated equipment systems and tools - robotics, vision, controls, data systems, material handling, HMIs, etc.
- Management of equipment suppliers to design and deliver equipment to be integrated into the production line
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Able to be on feet for 8 hrs per day as required
Each of our backgrounds influences how we evaluate our own abilities. Research reveals that BIPOC, LGBTQ+, women, those from working-class backgrounds, individuals with disabilities, and other marginalized groups may hesitate to apply for roles if they don't meet all the requirements. Many skills can be learned on the job. If you can envision contributing value to our community and meet most criteria, we encourage you to apply.
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder