Business Intelligence Lead | Digital Operations
Operations, Data Science
South Burlington, VT, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
At Beta Technologies, we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
We are seeking a visionary and dynamic Business Intelligence Lead to lead and expand our BI capabilities across manufacturing, engineering, and enterprise software application domains. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data analytics, business intelligence, and strategic planning, with a proven track record of harnessing data to drive organizational growth and efficiency. This person will manage the product roadmap, oversee the roadmap implementation, and work in an agile environment to nurture ideas and feedback from customers.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive BI strategy aligned with the organization's objectives.
- Create a roadmap for BI development, including short-term wins and long-term goals
- Oversee and collaborate with the data team around the collection, integration, and analysis of data from various sources, including manufacturing processes, sensors deployed in the field, charge network, and software applications
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of data used for analysis
- Build, lead, and mentor a BI team capable of executing the BI strategy
- Foster a culture of data-driven decision-making across the organization
- Develop and maintain dashboards and reports that provide insightful and actionable information
- Communicate complex data in a clear and understandable manner to stakeholders at all levels
- Lead and manage BI projects from inception to completion, ensuring they meet deadlines
- Establish and maintain best practices in BI, including data governance, quality control, and process improvement
- Engage with stakeholders and executive leadership to align BI initiatives with overall business strategy
Minimum Qualifications We are seeking:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Computer Science, Communications, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- Expertise in BI tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, Grafana, SalesForce, QuickSight, etc.).
- Proven ability to create momentum, deal with ambiguity, complexity, interdependencies, and define customer problems as clearly and with as much detail as possible
- Ability to establish success metrics, experimentation roadmaps, launch timelines, and manage multiple projects and stakeholders at once
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally across a variety of teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to lead and develop a team
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and ETL processes
- Working knowledge of OLAP data modeling and scripting languages
- Familiarity with the AWS Resources for Data Engineering (S3, Athena, Iceberg, Redshift, etc.)
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (email@example.com). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.