Composite Layup Technician | Manufacturing
South Burlington, VT, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
At Beta Technologies, we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
Composite Technicians at Beta are responsible for creating all the composite tooling and parts done in-house.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Working hands-on in a shop environment as a team member on a range of composite fabrication tasks.
- Safe use of power tools, air tools, hand tools, and saws safely and efficiently.
- Composite parts fabrication using prepreg carbon fiber materials, wet layups, and vacuum infusion.
- Large-scale bonded and fastened composite assemblies.
- Layup and/or infusion of carbon fiber tools for composite parts.
- Assisting in developing new manufacturing processes and technology.
- Experience building items requiring hands-on craftsmanship.
- Organize and maintain composites area including spaces, tools, fabric racks, etc.
- Assist with timeline management and keep necessary teams updated on status and progress.
Minimum Qualifications We are seeking:
- Experience with some form of composite processes.
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- High Attention to detail.
- Perform all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Work with a high level of quality and integrity.
- Maintain a work area in a neat, orderly, and organized manner.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Automotive Body Skills are a plus.
- 2+ years experience.
Each of our backgrounds influences how we evaluate our own abilities. Research reveals that BIPOC, LGBTQ+, women, those from working-class backgrounds, individuals with disabilities, and other marginalized groups may hesitate to apply for roles if they don't meet all the requirements. Many skills can be learned on the job. If you can envision contributing value to our community and meet most criteria, we encourage you to apply.
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder