Receiving Inspector | Quality
South Burlington, VT, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
At Beta Technologies, we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
Our Receiving Inspector position supports the team by making sure that all incoming material and components are received in accordance with both company and industry standards and requirements. You will be performing or coordinating the initial receiving inspections on a variety of aerospace parts and components using established inspection plans, and/or engineered drawings and industry specifications as required to deliver conforming material to the teams, and production.
You’ll play a key role in ensuring that all products meet our established requirements for reliability and workmanship, as well as other quality control program standards. The ideal candidate has keen attention to detail, and is familiar with Aerospace Standards.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Verify the count of products received.
- Retrieval and interpretation of technical and certification documents
- Review supplier certification for compliance with purchase order requirements.
- Scanning and indexing supplier’s documentation
- Complete required documentation and enter it into ERP system, creating reports as needed
- Identify traceability information to raw material
- Inspect basic key product characteristics
- Acts as the interface with the Purchasing and Quality departments.
- Prioritize workflow
- Perform tasks as needed per individual jobs
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain a clean work environment, and comply with safety requirements
Minimum Qualifications We are seeking:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze documents such as blueprints and Engineering drawings
- Knowledge of FAA regulations and Aerospace conformity requirements
- Previous aerospace receiving inspection experience including familiarity with FAA Forms 8130s, EASA Form One, Manufacturers C of C, supplier Certifications, Mill Test Reports, etc.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Proficient in the use of computer applications such as Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, and/or web based software.
- Ability to work independently, but function as a team player
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Two or four-year degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Two or more years of experience in Quality Control in Aerospace
- Certification from the American Society for Quality (ASQ)
- Experience with Quality Control techniques such as Six Sigma
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems such as AS9100
- Experienced interfacing with Business Enterprise Systems such as Plex.
- Experience working with a manufacturing team
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Ability to work in a manufacturing environment using OSHA required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift a minimum of 50lbs.
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (email@example.com). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.