Aircraft Simulator Lead V&V Engineer | Test Certification
South Burlington, VT, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
At Beta Technologies, we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
In this role, you would lead the formalization of the development and utilization of simulation and engineering simulator for certification credit for our electric aviation projects, as well as leading the overall qualification effort for Flight Training Devices being developed internally by Beta Technologies. In addition to leading the validation and verification efforts for in-house developed and built simulators for pilot training, this key position would lead the expansion, development, and application of the simulator models and tools for future use and new approaches to certification through simulation.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Draft and maintain ownership of simulator qualification artifacts to substantiate the use of an Engineering Simulator for certification credit as well as Flight Training Device qualification. Including Qualification Test Plans/Procedures, Qualification Test Guides, and Acceptance Test Manuals.
- Establish simulator quality system processes and tools including management of deficiency reports.
- Perform simulator verification and validation testing.
- Lead certification activities for qualification of Flight Training Devices.
- Lead development of Beta processes and tools for the generation and management of simulator qualification artifacts such as QTGs and other regulatory requirements, collaborating with Flight Science, Simulation, and Data teams.
- Working with simulation and aircraft systems engineering teams to develop an approach and utilization of simulation model validation & verification for autonomous vehicle certification
- Lead interface between Beta Technologies and the National Simulator Program team for qualification of pilot training devices.
- Participate and maintain awareness of technical committees and industry guidance development on the use of simulation for certification credit of new and novel aircraft
- Lead interface with certification authorities on the use of simulator and simulation models as a certification method of compliance
- Work with Simulator Hardware and Software engineering teams to guide priorities and requirements
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- 10+ years Experience in aircraft simulation/simulator development and qualification
- Experience in drafting Qualification Test Plans/Procedures for aircraft testing
- Experience in the simulator development process, including validation and verification methods
- A thorough understanding of computer architecture applied to simulator frameworks
- Competence in modern software development processes (i.e. Git, code reviews, testing, and continuous integration)
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Experience in Part 60 FTD/FSTD qualification
- Experience in interfacing with the National Simulator Program team for FTD qualification
- Experience in pilot training syllabus development and approval process
- Experience in Model Based Systems and Software Engineering
- Experience with autonomous systems, human factors, controls systems, machine learning, or other fields expanding on this role in simulation.
- Experience programming in C++, C, Python, or other languages.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Ability to travel on a semi-regular (25% +) basis to simulator development sites, including travel between Burlington, Vermont and Montreal, Quebec offices.
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (email@example.com). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.