Civil 3D Drafter
T & D
The ideal candidate will possess experience in AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Storm & Sanitary Analysis. Must be able to work efficiently and independently to produce high-quality work for both Substation and Transmission Linear Corridor projects. Position is “In Office” but may be revised to “Hybrid” at the supervisor's discretion based on candidate work history and experience.
1) Detail oriented, professional attitude, good communication, team player, self-starter.
2) Develop preliminary sketches and designs based on early engineering efforts.
3) Prepare Access Drawings, Plan and Profiles, Easement Drawings and other Linear Corridor Drawings .
4) Prepare Line Lists, Drawings Lists and Bills of Materials
5) Recommend modifications and changes for design improvement and simplification.
6) Produce technical drawings and Structure Standard Drawings.
7) Prepare working drawings from conceptual layout to detailed finished product.
8) Coordinate CAD projects with other disciplined personnel.
9) Prepare and assemble project deliverables.
10) Ability to set up and manage AutoCAD drafting and plan preparation standards.
11) Must be able to travel to field project locations with designers or engineers to make field sketches, take dimensions, etc.
12) Willingness to mentor and teach others.
Associates degree in Engineering or Engineering Design
Minimum of five (5) years. Experience in the electric utility industry or related practice is preferred.
The successful candidate will leverage the full capabilities of CAD including generating surfaces; cut/fill analysis; generating centerlines and alignments; storm sewer design; preparation of color graphics and 3D and isometric views of site plans and structures.
The Drafter Technician will perform basic stormwater management design including delineating drainage areas, utilizing the rational method for estimating stormwater runoff, designing storm sewer systems and performing stormwater calculations using Civil 3D/HydroCAD.
The ideal candidate will have experience and be thoroughly familiar with AutoCAD 3D and /or Civil 3D. Skills should include the ability to work and communicate with others in a team environment; the ability to work under pressure; the ability to deliver within budgeted hours and on schedule. Must also be self-motivated and able to work independently. Knowledge in the below areas is strongly desired:
General office working conditions. May be temporarily assigned to construction site locations. On-site inspection duties involving occasional overnight travel. Work outside regular schedule may be required. Must possess a valid Florida driver's license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.