Wind Blade Technician
The Composite Blade Technician will be responsible for the internal and external inspections, defect analysis, and up to Category 3- 5 repair of fiberglass and composite blades, spinners, and nacelles from all brands and categories. Will travel (100%) to various projects throughout the United States. The position will also be responsible for providing occasional maintenance support. The technicians will be required to document the findings, and assemble all associated paperwork as required to be reported for further action. You may be assigned other duties to help proactively drive our vision and align with our organization's mission and values.
- GWO BST, ART certificate (perferred)
- High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum of 2-3 years of composite repair experience OR minimum 1 year field experience AND graduate of a Wind Tech and/or accredited Program.
- Training will include and must have successfully completed:
- Tower Safety Training (e.g., High-angle rescue or wind tower rescue)
- LOTO Training
- Suspended Platform Rigging/De-Rigging
- Pass Background Check and Drug Screening
- Valid Drivers License (required to operate company vehicle)
Benefits & Incentives
BHI has comprehensive health and work benefits that support the physical, emotional, and financial wellness of our people and their families. Benefits are dependent on the position and details are provided at the time of hire.
- Up to $3,500 Bonus Program based on active GWO certifications. Additional Bonus possible based on specific active Siemens and GE Training Credentials.
- Guaranteed minimum 40 hours per week based on availability when assigned to field.
- Travel Program to and from field assignments (MOB & DE-MOB).
- Site transportation provided when assigned to projects.
- Per Diem Allowance.
- Medical coverage for spouses, domestic partners, and dependents.
- 401K plan.
- Nationwide Work Locations.
- Referral bonus of $1,000 based on program guidelines.