Job description: Operations Supervisor
Our client is hiring an Operations Supervisor for their Construction Materials Testing (CMT) operations in their St. Cloud, Minnesota location.
- Lead a team of technicians and special inspectors responsible for completing field work. Including the hiring, supervision, mentorship, and training of staff.
- Assist office leadership in the development and implementation of CMT policies and best practices.
- Works closely with the Business Unit Manager to set goals and business objectives.
- Responsible for safety, quality, and operational excellence.
- Supports the company safety policy and is responsible for communicating and implementing safe work practices and performing safety audits of field staff as needed.
- Monitors CMT budget and projections, headcount, and backlog on a continuous basis, and recommends operational changes as needed.
- Coordinate with scheduler and other regional operations to share resources and manage workloads.
- Conduct performance reviews as scheduled to stimulate and reward improved performance.
- Prepares subordinates for promotional opportunities and enhanced responsibilities.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of assigned personnel on and on-going basis.
- Works closely with consulting staff representatives to prepare proposals.
- Perform quality control review of the testing and inspection work performed by assigned staff; identify, investigate, and resolve internal and external quality issues on projects.
- Coordinate and communicate with members of the consulting group on project progress and issues that arise.
- Perform routine to complex field testing and inspections.
- Manage field equipment and fleet vehicles, including planning, maintenance, and stewardship.
- Supports client relationships to effectively achieve CMT departmental market and sales goals and strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess strong leadership skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, pressure, and stress.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and customer service skills.
- Ability to develop and present training materials to CMT staff.
- Excellent construction document reading and interpretation skills.
- Understanding and experience performing field testing and inspections on commercial and transportation related projects.
- Proficient or able to learn software used in day-to-day operations such as Metafield, Microsoft Dynamics AX, and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, as well as other Client and industry software.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Relevant post-secondary degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Civil Engineering or Construction Management a preferred but not required.
- Require a minimum of 5 years' experience in materials testing or construction.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- ACI, ICC, and MnDOT certifications preferred.