Construction Materials Testing Technician
Our client is seeking an experienced Construction Materials Technician to join their team in San Antonio, TX
*Note not interested in entry level candidates.
- Perform routine & complex sampling and testing of soils, aggregates, concrete, masonry, and asphalt.
- Perform field concrete testing, including slump, air content, and strength.
- Perform field density tests of soils.
- Prepare daily reports and documentation of field activities in electronic format.
- Work with project managers and senior technicians or staff to ensure specifications are followed.
- Assist with training & mentoring of junior staff, as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong safety focus and attention to detail
- Excellent plan reading skills
- A demonstrated math and technical aptitude
- Flexibility to work extended or nontraditional hours as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- State DOT certifications, ICC Certification and soil and concrete, and/or NICET certifications
All candidates must have:
- 2+ years of construction materials testing experience.
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver's license with clean driving record for the last 3 years
- The ability to lift 75+ pounds.
- ACI Concrete Field-Testing Certification
Our client is a Drug-Free Workplace and requires all new hires to complete a pre-employment drug screen test, criminal background check, and motor vehicle report.
Our client also offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, PTO, Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and paid holidays.